About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Friday, April 6, 2018

Feeling Frustrated

This is just a quick post as I need to leave for work soon and I am not even dressed yet. For the past three weeks I have been hitting my goal of 7K+ steps a day. I have also lowered my salt intake to about 2500g from the 4500g I used to be at. I keep hoping that my blood pressure will reflect these changes but it is NOT! It is is very frustrating!! I can say that it seems to be a bit more consistent at a steady 168/109 and not jumping into the 170's or the 180's. However 168 is not a good number and I really need it to drop. I do not want to go on meds. I want to be able to naturally lower the blood pressure by making smart decisions. Am I just being to impatient? Does it take longer for it to drop? I feel like it should be effected daily but if there is just too much fat around and in my heart then it can't get better yet.

So what is my next step? Continue to monitor my salt intake keeping it near the 2500g. I am also going to start doing the 21 day fix workout video. My goal to start is 3x a week as I feel like I am so short on time right now. I plan to increase it eventually but I want to be realistic for now. The video always gets my heart beating fast and maybe working out my heart muscle might help it get healthier. If it is not below 160 by May I think I will have to actually go see a dr. about it.  Money I do not have to spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment