About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Saturday, February 23, 2013

Correction: Mission Trip Support Letter


CORRECTION: The link had 2 letters switched I have corrected the link. www.gofundme.com/20zyrg

The following is a support letter I sent out to family and friends. I wanted to also share this with you to let you know more about what I am doing this year. 

            I have the exciting opportunity to go to Gales Point, Belize this year with my church. From April 27th to May 5th my team will travel with two goals in mind. The first is to complete a revitalization project. This will include improvements to the local school as well as cleaning yards and homes. Second we will take 30 women, who regularly attend the local church group, on a three day women’s retreat. Throughout the week we will focus on spending time with the community, sharing our faith and praying with villagers.
            I am writing to ask you to prayerfully consider joining our team through your support.  First, please partner with me in praying for the people we will be serving, for my health and effectiveness as a team member, and for the many details of this trip.
Second, before I go I have to raise my own support. The cost is $1800 and I need your help. For airfare and lodging it will cost $1000. The additional $800 will go toward the project as well as food and lodging for 30 women on a nearby island Caye Caulker. Will you be one of my financial sponsors by giving towards my trip?
If you would like to join the team as a sponsor you can make an online donation at www.gofundme.com/20zyrg . Any amount is appreciated and will help, no matter how small. Any contributions I collect beyond $1800 will go to additional group-wide mission trip expenses.
Over the next few months please pray that God would keep us safe on our journey, the group would work well together and God would prepare the hearts of those who we will share with in Gales Point.
I look forward to doing God's work and letting you know all about how He has worked in me and through this team when we return. Thank you for your prayers and support.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment