About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 10 - 1 lb loss

I am still dog sitting so I didn't make it home sat night for my weekly weigh in. But I did stop by my house after church so I could change to go hiking. So I weighed in. It said I gained 1.5 lbs! I was so mad although the idea of ice cream flashed through my head I went and changed and went out for my hike. I didn't understand and although I tried to deny I was mad but an hour by myself hiking I couldn't deny it. I was good with my food. I ate out some but I tried to make good choices. And then other times I wanted to go out to eat but came home to eat instead. I made good snack choices. Plus I tried to get in some exercise everyday. It wasn't the video's I had been doing but hiking is good for you. Though I do recognize that hiking I only get about 2 miles an hour and at home I get 4-5 miles an hour. Plus when hiking I have to take breaks sometimes because it becomes hard to breath. So I don't know but I was just angry. I didn't understand.

When I got home I took a shower and got dressed. You may remember my goal chart I made. So i started filling in the exercise I did over the last week. When I got to the end of the week on he chart I am supposed to mark my weight down. But I couldn't remember what my weight was. I clearly remember seeing the +1.5 lbs and I was pretty sure it said 258 but I wasn't sure. Last week's weigh in was 259 so how could this week be 258 if I gained? I was totally confused. So I went and checked again. Turns out I weighed mid-week in the morning so I did loose a lb. And you know what I am happy with one pound loss. I just felt like what was the point of trying so hard if I was just going to fail.

So it was a super stressful morning for no reason. But I am happy how quickly I went to exercise instead of ice cream. Though now thinking about it makes me kind of want ice cream. But here I am watching Mama Mia instead so I will try to be good. I don't know what I am going to do though since it doesn't look like hiking is more helpful. And actually because it takes me 10 min to drive each way to the mountain is probably less effective than my video's. I feel confused now.

No comments:

Post a Comment