About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break Week

To be honest I wasn't really looking forward to this week. But so far it has been great!

Monday:
I didn't do much. I started my day at Denny's. Then I tried to work out but got frustrated because I didn't really want to be exercising. I went shopping at Sam's Club and Sunflower Market. I got everything I wanted and didn't spend to much. I also started working on a puzzle I recently bought of the Seattle, Washington. It has been awhile since I have had time to do a puzzle so I am excited to do this one.

Tuesday:
I woke up early and went down to the library. I got their at 8:30am and they opened at 9am. I was able to get a free pass to go to the Phoenix Zoo. I was so excited as it saved me $19. Then I drove out to the Botanical Gardens. I have never been their before but have always heard about it so I thought I would check it out. Overall I kind of feel silly for spending money to see plants I can see all over AZ. Though they did have a pretty cool butterfly exhibit. You are in the room with the butterfly's and they are flying all around. One landed on my hand, it was pretty awesome. I walked the entire thing; took 2 hrs and I walked about 1 mile total. I had lunch at Baja Fresh and stopped by Zia's and picked up New Moon and 2012. I went home and watched some tv for awhile. But I felt motivated, I really enjoyed walking in the morning. So I changed clothes and went out on a hike. I had heard of some trails near where I work and the mountain isn't as high as camelback so I thought I would try it. Well I am glad I did. It was challenging but not as hard as the vertical on camelback. From the trail map I estimate I did a total of 2 miles in about an hour. I wasn't as sweaty as some of the men that I saw running up and down the mountain but it was a definite workout. Though it did totally ruin a pair of my tennis shoes, next time I will try my hiking boots. When I got home from my hike my brother was out. So I took a break and then went over and worked out on the wii fit plus. I did 30 min of games and then 30 min of stepping. So an hour total and 350 calories. So it was a good exercise day.

Wednesday:
The plan was to go to the movies and shopping on wed and then on thur the zoo. But the weather said it would rain thursday so I flip-flopped it. I wanted to get up early but ended up sleeping in. I got to the zoo around 10:30 am and spent about 3 1/2 hours their. I wanted to see all of the animals and well I wanted to walk as much as I could for the exercise so I did see every animal. I estimate I walked about 3 miles total. I had planned to eat something at the zoo but when I got in line and looked at the menu I saw nothing good on list. Everything was snackie and not healthy. So instead I pulled out my water bottle and a snack I brought. On the way home all I could think of was a hamburger so I did stop on the way home at McDonalds. Not so healthy but I did order medium so I was proud of that. I was sore even that evening and still felt it this morning. So many mountains to climb up and down and different dirt trails plus sore from the day before. I was so proud of myself making such healthy choices. I had wanted to go to the Phoenix Art Museum but because I had to switch days and then woke up late I couldn't go. I don't know if I will go tomorrow night when it is free again. I have been their many times and not sure how tomorrow will go yet.

Thursday:
This morning I had a dentist appointment at 8am. It was actually kind of short and it only took a half hour to get my new crown in. Around 10am I drove out to the Anthem Outlet malls and had a leisurely stroll. I didn't really buy anything but some lotion at Bath and Body Works. Unless you are spending a bunch of money you don't really save anything. But it was nice today so being out and about was good. Next I went down to Happy Valley Rd to the Norterra shopping center. I still had some time before my movie so I went to Johnny Rockets for lunch. I was honestly disappointed. I think the best part was the five cent juke box. The food wasn't very high quality and the fries were gross. It was way to expensive for the food that I got. But the waitress was very friendly so that was good too. I went and watched The Long Song with Miley Cyrus. It was a cute story so I do give it a 4 out of 5 but it was really predictable and ridiculous. It is one thing when you know you are going into a cinderella story but I didn't know that is what this is. Anyways totally cute but totally unreal.

So this weekend I am dog sitting for a friend. She has three dogs and she had to go to Vegas for her daughters wedding. So I start watching them this evening till Monday. I figured no big deal since I have done this for my sister before but it is kind of different since I have never been in her home before and so I feel a little uncomfortable. I always try to settle in, bring my own food. Put all my stuff in the bedroom I am using and of course have my laptop. And then being the internet addict that I am I started to worry that I wouldn't get internet service but I have it just fine here so that is a relief. The house is less than a mile from my house so I think I might go home a few times. I really want to do my Saturday night weigh in and then I also want to wear a dress on sunday for easter and know I would feel more comfortable showering and shaving in my own bathroom.

So I think tomorrow is going to be hiking in the morning, then a Star Wars movie marathon, and if I need to get out of the house then downtown for the ArtWalk and the Phoenix Art Museum. But now I am going to go find some dinner, oh man I just realized I forgot to bring my tortilla chips. Which is funny since I took the time to pour salsa into some containers to go with the chips I was planning on bringing. Oh well I will figure out something.

No comments:

Post a Comment