About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Trip Across the Country

As you know I was very nervous about flying. Not because of the safety of it but because of my size. I know I am a big girl but I wasn't sure I would fit in a 17" seat. Well I am sitting on the plane now as i type this and I fit just fine. Is there a lot of extra room? No. But it is comfortable even with the arm rest down. All that worry though of course it just had to do with the unknown and fear of embarresment. The flight isn't full so luckily On my row of three seats there is space between me and another woman.

I know I haven't updated my blog in awhile so let me tell you what is going on. I had planned on traveling for just one week to see my sister but then I found out the week prior to my vacation week inwhich I was supposed to be nanjing last tue I found out she didn't need me. So that meant I had three consecutive weeks off and so I changed my flight. I had bought this tripflex thing so I was able to change flights at no additional cost. I think the most difficult thing about leaving early is that my house goes for forclosure auction on aug 4th and my brother still isn't moved out. I had hoped that I could make sure that everything was mostly clean and that any furniture being left was not just random but left nicely. As you know I have been living at my dad's for the last two years so most of my stuff was out I just had a few things to get. So I did that on sat with the help of my big brother and sil. So now I just have to hope that the move for my younger brother goes well while I am gone. It is a weird feeling. I have shut off and out all of my emotions about the house but of course I can't help but feel sentamental about it. I remember being handed the keys and my realtor leaving and just laying on the ground so happy. It felt like this freedom. When I bought it 8 years ago I also thought I would be married by now. I have a second bedroom and not for a random roomate I thought I would have my first kid by now and that the second bedroom would have been a nursery. And so I have to remember that my plans are not God's plans. And I have to remind myself that his plans are so much bigger then mine.

Anyways, so 16 days with my sister in the Quad cities. I am hoping that at some point I will get to go to Chicago. It is a 3 hour drive but it should be awesome. I think right now the two things I really want to do is Navy Pier and the Willis tower, formerly the Sears tower. I am not a big museum person and then I looked into the Magnificent Mile but most of that are high end shops I have been to here in az or in Las Vegas. But of course if that was on the top of my sisters list I wouldn't pass it up, I mean what girl doesn't want to window shop at high end boutiques. So I think that is it for now. I am so very very excited to see my sister and her whole gang again. I miss them so much and it won't be long now!



No comments:

Post a Comment