About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Humidity and Lighting Bugs

I am currently in Davenport, IA at my sisters house. This feels like a million miles away from my in Phoenix, AZ. It is hot here, not as hot as AZ but the humidity makes it feel just as gross outside. Right now I sit outside on my sister's enclosed patio. We have been out all day and with five kids that enjoy hitting each other for fun makes for a long day. But I think after a little me time I will be good again.

Tomorrow I am heading out on a vacation on my vacation. My sisters best friend is going to be only an 8 hour drive away in Columbus, OH for a girls volleyball championship. So tomorrow morning we set out on this long trip. It will be eight hours each way and a few hours there. I have never been to Indiana or Ohio so i thought that would be cool. Plus my motto this trip was "as long as I am hanging with my family I don't care what I am doing." Which I still stand by.

My eldest nephew will be coming back with me on Sunday evening. He is eighteen now and will be spending a few weeks visiting friends before he has to come back to Iowa and get a job and make a decision about college. I am a little flustered by Allegient's new policy that they no longer have open boarding but instead assign seats to everyone based on when they booked. So because i booked months before my nephew I will be in the front of the plane and he the back. The only way around this is to of course pay them for reserved seats. Not worth it. So now they charge for carry-on bags and won't let me sit with people who travel with me. That makes them less and less desirable. Especially since I have to drive 45 min longer then if I just went to Sky Harbor instead of out to Mesa Gateway.

My school is being frustrating. They still do not know why my financial aid has not been approved. I was dropped from my classes. Called and had them added again yesterday then today i get a call saying payment is due or I will be dropped. Though of course that was by an automated system. I will be gone for two days so I will have to wait till Friday to call them and see what is happening. I am kind of over it, I take the classes or I don't, I will deal with it either way.

Then of course there is always the idea looming of me moving out here. I have to get a new job anyways so why not here instead of in Phoenix? My sister has room and has offered to let me stay here but it is a hard decision. So many moving parts. The hardest part of course is that I am not sure what God has to say about it. I don't really feel like I have an answer from God either way. Though I feel like I am just kind of coasting along right now so not having an answer is not surprising. I will continue to pray and seek guidance through His Word and through my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Well sitting here in the humid heat I feel like I am turning into a puddle. I will try to post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment