About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, March 14, 2013

Update

A couple days ago, on the 12th, I turned 31. I actually feel like I belong in a new category now. I am definitely don't feel in my twenties anymore. Of course it wasn't an overnight thing but more of a gradual change. I didn't really do anything for my birthday, free breakfast at Denny's on the 12th and dinner at Red Lobster with myself on the 13th. In a couple weeks I will go up to Prescott for a day and then the next day go up to Flagstaff to see a friend that just moved up there. 

Life is so hectic right now. I am in the final seven weeks of my associates degree. I am doing an internship, work, and three classes on top of that. In addition I am working on crafts for a craft fair for Belize and my roommates are changing. It is a lot!

Belize: Right now I have 40% funding! Praise the Lord!! But I still need 60%, close to $1000 more. So if you can help I would really appreciate your support. www.gofundme.com/20zyrg I am also posting updates here as I go along if you would like to check them out. We are doing a craft fair at my church after the Saturday service and both Sunday services the weekend of April 13th and 14th. We also got a spot at the Central Farmers Market for Saturday March 30th. I have been working on crafts including elastic hair bands, three flower head wreaths, and 10 paintings. Two of them are big but most of them are small so they didn't take forever but they are time consuming. I made all of these with the church craft fair in mind but with the addition of the Farmers Market I want to do a few more paintings. I do worry that I am going to take all this time and then they won't sell. I will end up with a wall of art after this. The only really bad part of this is the money that I am spending on the crafts, I need to make enough to at least cover the cost of making everything. So if you make any crafts and would be willing to donate them for me to sell that would be awesome as well. If you want to see the art I have made so far it is on my facebook page. 

Roommates: I currently live with my older brother and his wife. They will close on a house tomorrow and over the next week they will move out and my younger brother and his fiancĂ© will move in. I get along with both of my brothers and sister-in-law's just as well. So it in itself is not a problem. But it is still a little weird having half the house in boxes. I have to replace, or try to find in my boxes a few random things like a toaster, spatula's, a router, etc. Oh, and apparently I only own one spice and now the spice cabinet is empty. All of the flour, sugar, and other baking items are also my brother's. It is a little weird that I am not moving but I need to buy a few things as if I was just moving somewhere. I keep feeling the need to make changes myself to my area. I have wanted to make changes for awhile but of course I need to wait till I get a full time job and can pay for the stuff I want with cash not credit. This should not change just because my brothers are moving but it definitely makes the desire to buy new stuff greater. At this point I have rationalized myself down to just wanting to get a new mattress while my dad has a trailer in town. I can't figure out how old my mattress is, I know it is not new by any means. I have a lot of sleeping issues. I have mentioned before that I take melatonin to help me fall asleep. I wonder if part of my problem is my mattress. So I don't know. I still can't decide. 

Internship: 80 hours in 12 days over three weeks = Exhausted. Teacher is going to observe me on day 10 and I am supposed to be the lead teacher. This seems crazy to me and yes I am totally nervous that I will have no control over the class when she comes. Five days left.

School: There is not much to say about this. I am done. I don't want to do any more school work. I feel so done with it. Sometimes I consider going straight to my BA but really I know there is now way I could do more school work after this semester. I will of course push through and get it done but I do not want to anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment