About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, May 24, 2018

2B Mindset sends me off track

I was moving forward. Taking each day at a time. I was lowering my sodium intake to help my blood pressure drop. I started exercising more and maintaining at least 7K steps each day. I was not dropping a lot of weight but I felt like I was taking steps forward.

I have a Beachbody coach and have been connected with my coach's group. Then I found out that they had a new nutrition program coming out. The nutritionist is Ilana who was overweight during childhood and into her teenage life. The commercial sounds great. It mentions comments about "Stop emotional eating" and "Changing your mindset," "Your never going to cut out calories," "Your never going to have to say no to alcohol, sweets, nothing."

This sounds great. I know that I have a sweet tooth and I will always want to have ice cream sometimes. Also I know I have a mindset issue and have realized I may need to start seeing a counselor to help me figure out some of my food issues. So I bought the program not knowing anything, only $100.😬 I also got a deal on some Shakeology which I had been wanting to try.

I got instant digital access and in about 10 days I got a box with paper copies of the plan, tracker, recipes and a 30oz water bottle.

You know what they failed to mention? Oh the fact that you are only eating vegetables. Okay it only feels like that but I mean really you are eating a lot of vegetables. Half of lunch is vegetables and 75% of dinner is vegetables. Carbs are only for energy so you only get fiber filled carbs for breakfast and lunch.





Sure you don't count calories but you are still tracking everything you eat. Oh and you are still hungry find some more vegetables to eat. It says you don't have to say NO to anything however unless it is a vegetable, protein, fiber filled carb (which fruit falls under) then you don't get to eat it. So I want to include ice cream during the week as a treat but that is not actually an option on the not a diet, diet.


I thought the video's were going to help with my emotional eating and help me change my mindset about overeating due to stress. None of this is really address besides telling me to drink more water or eat more vegetables.

So how did this send me off track? Well I hate vegetables. I eat lettuce, fresh spinach, cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers and that is about it. I know that I need to stretch out a bit but this plan has sent me over the edge. I hate cauliflower and zucchini but with dinner 75% veg unless I am only eating salads I have to add in cauliflower rice or zoodles to pretend I am eating carbs. I couldn't do it. And maybe that is why I am overweight. Maybe if I would just eat vegetables all day then I would loose weight but that does not sound fun. It all feels so limiting!

Even the carbs that I am allowed are mostly encouraged to be fruit. If not fruit then it should have 1 gram of fiber for every 10g of carbs. So the changes I had made already were not good enough. Instead I now have boxes of crackers that I don't want to eat because they taste gross. In the videos she keeps saying the word "delicious" as if it would psychologically change my opinion of the food she is talking about. She actually uses several positive adjectives to describe the food you are to eat in specific tones to emphasize the words.  Maybe that will work for some but not for me.

So did my mindset change? I am drinking more water everyday. Not my full 150oz I am supposed to but between 100-120oz. I need to include more vegetables daily. For lunch and dinner I need to have some vegetables. The third thing I need to work on is dinner and done. It is no secret that people binge eat in the evening. I am no exception to that. My goal is to have a small snack when I get home from work and then eat dinner closer to when I go to bed.


This plan could totally work for you. If you love your veggies and don't mind fiber filled carbs then do it! Get the plan and work it. Tracking is important and weighing yourself tells you how you are doing. I have zero doubt that this works for Ilana and it works for others. It is just not for me. It is not what is best for me.

So what now? Back to figuring out each day as it comes. Doing my best each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment