About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Free Ride

Let me first say yesterday was so exhausting. I wanted to post last night but my bed was just calling to me. I had stayed up way late(early) on monday night so I slept in on Tue, had some breakfast and then I was off. I had decided I would ride the train down to tempe. Right now it stops about 2 miles south of my house (soon will be about 100 feet from my door) so I drove down and parked. From christown mall to tempe it is about 45 min and a day pass on the train is $2.50. I buy my ticket and the rush to get on the train about to leave. The thing is nobody checks for your ticket. You don't have to slide it to get on and nobody walks around checking them. The same thing on my way home later that evening. If I ever ride again I almost don't want to pay seeing that really don't need to. I am actually curious how many people actually pay for this ride. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I guess how much we spent, are still spending on the train and knowing it is a free service. But I am too honest I would want to pay my part, it is the right thing to do.

Anyways, so I jumped on board the train and popped my earbuds in. It was kind of cool watching people and just relaxing for 45 min. I walked around mill ave and it is so sad down there. Everything is closed these days, and now Z gallery and Borders are both closed. It definitely isn't the same mill I remember. So i grabbed some Jack in the Box and then went to urban outfitters. Then I walked across the bridge, which was pretty cool looking over the lake and watching people on the beach. The concert was pretty awesome. I was just to right of stage standing in the 2nd row of people so really close. Made some friends around me which was cool, better than just standing there. It was so long though. They let us in at 6:30 and then first band was from 8 - 9 and then Adele from 9:30 - 10:30. And when I add the 30 min in line before hand 4 1/2 hours of standing was crazy.

Today was nice so far. Woke up to banging on my door, I had ordered something and fedex needed a signature. Went and got a fabulous pedicure, so relaxing. And then I headed down to Biltmore to the Cheesecake factory. I had some sliders, so amazing. Then I ordered this Godiva brownie sundae, this thing was so big. I'm pretty sure, after eating a meal, not even two people could have eaten it. Nevertheless, I took some Godiva brownie home for later, so delicious. I swear I have never had anything bad to eat at Cheesecake factory. Their food just amazing. I did a little walking around window shopping. Now I am home again. I get to watch my nephews for couple hours this evening. I was thinking of taking them to dinner but I am so full still I may just watch them eat. Then Awana's tonight which is always fun. So far a fabulous birthday week!

No comments:

Post a Comment