About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Flu

This is me whining about the flu. Why? Because I am about to go into day five of having the flu and it is so frustrating. Mostly because I knew I should have gotten the flu vaccine months ago and I kept putting it off. Saying it wasn't worth the $30. Well now I totally regret it. I missed work on thursday, friday, and now monday too. With the extra babysitting I have been offered I am missing at least 20 hours of work. That is over $200 I am loosing because I couldn't take 5 min to spend $30 to guard against this stupid virus.

Today I was feeling better. My fever had gone away but I still had a runny nose and a cough. I thought it would be fine to run to Fry's to put some money in the bank and grab a few things. Apparently it was too much too soon because shortly after getting back my nose started running twice as much and I had a fever over 100* again.

I hate it. Just sitting around the house watching nothing on tv. My brain is too fuzzy most of the time so reading is hard. I just want to get back to work get back into my routine. My boss and I had discussed how odd it is for me to be so sick. I don't get sick very often but here I am sick for 5 days and I was sick a couple weeks ago as well. I had chalked it up to my excessive need to wash my hands but now that I think about it it has to be more than that. The obvious idea is that I have stopped eating healthy and exercising. How if I feed my body junk can I expect my body to fight off diseases. This has to change. I need to go back to eating breakfast and thinking about what I am eating for dinners not just eating whatever junk I am craving at the time. (Lately it has been hot dogs, chili dogs, and nacho's.)

Vitamins too. I got to start taking vitamins. A vitamin commercial just came on the tv but I was thinking about it anyways.

Anyways, I think that is it for now. Hopefully just one more day of rest and then back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment