About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Last Day of Nano

I did it! I am a NaNoWriMo Winner for the second year in a row! Ok, I had technically won the last time I blogged but I wanted to finish my novel before the end of November. So here it is at 10:20 pm on Nov. 30th and I have put an end on my novel. My book ended where I thought it would but the details of how it got there were not exactly what I expected. I am happy with my story. Though of course I have not read it yet and it will take lots and lots of edits before I will be ready to share it.

Right now I sit at a Denny's. This is my second to last outing as an ML for this year. I call this the last chance write-in. We had a total of six people come, including me. Three people still had not reached the 50,000 mark. One woman was doing some editing and then a second woman and I came to finish our stories. Now as I sit here there are three of us. Me, i just finished. Steph, who is at 112K and still typing away. And Robert, who still has another 2K to write in the next hour and a half. I am trying to be supportive but I don't think he will make it, he doesn't type fast enough. 

My last event as an ML (Municipal Liason) for Phoenix is to throw a Thank God it is Over Party. We are doing it at a Denny's so food and drink I don't have to worry about. I have been advised most of it is just to be hanging out and talking. But I am planning a few things to help keep the flow and make it fun. So I have a few things I need to do before Saturday afternoon. 

I am also supposed to be working on a budget for December. I had the three days off for Thanksgiving and then I have two weeks off for Christmas/New Years so I will have to be careful with my money again this month. I have a few more babysitting jobs lined up so that will be helpful. I am also finding several opportunities for volunteering which I love to do so that makes me happy. It is just the sitting down to do the budget and see my numbers is the hard part. 

On Cyber Monday Alegiant Airlines had a deal for half off flights on Christmas Day to Moline, so it was only $50 but to fly back it would have cost be $150 so it wasn't that great of a deal. I mean who really wants to fly Christmas Day anyways. Ok, I totally would have if the flight back wasn't so high. Maybe next summer I will be able to go out to see my sister. 

Let's see what else...There is a weird situation at work. I can't really talk about it. It is an issue/concern about a co-worker. I had taken up the line of management and hopefully it will have some sort of resolution tomorrow. Oh but I can talk about the gift exchange at work. We are doing this secret santa that involves giving four gifts over the next three weeks. I still haven't figured out what to give to the girl I have. We all filled out these forms of information about us. The first gift is $0 and she said she liked contemporary christian so I thought I could give her a cd that I already own. But the gifts are supposed to be progressively better and I don't know how I don't know where to go from there. The second gift is $1 and then 3rd gift is $4 and the last gift is $10 so you spend a total of $15 and don't reveal yourself until the last gift. I haven't thought too much about it though with Nano taking up my mind. I really need to figure it out soon though because the first gift is due by this Friday. I haven't gotten my gift yet so I don't feel so bad about not giving mine yet. Maybe I will stop and look at the list when I get home.

...Robert just won. I don't know how he did it so fast but he is done. Which means I get to go home now. With Nano not taking all of my words I should post more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment