About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Finally Over, Well Not Really

(Written Friday but posted Saturday.)

It has been a long day. No scratch that a long week! My coworker is crazy. Literally. She is either bipoler or a tweeker. Either way I now watch her more than the kids. In the last 21 working days she has missed eight of them usually with less then two hours notice, keep in mind of course we start at 3pm. It is not some morning job and so she is sleeping in. Sometimes she even says, when she is telling me the newest crazy story, that she knew the night before she wasn't coming. Then duh, why not call and say that. The whole thing has been frustrating. 

Then today she had said she would come, she had called out on Thursday so she was asked specifically if she would be there on Friday. Then she no call no showed! Today was the craziest Friday ever. We have more kids then normal due to some new after school classes offered. Then doing most of it on my own was just crazy. I felt worn out before half the day was over. An hour before we were done I felt so exhausted a literally wanted to lay down and sleep. My co-workers boyfriend did call to say that she was in the hospital with a burst appendix. Though he also said she had been there since last night and I know that it is a short procedure so why couldn't she call all day? I know I should feel bad but honestly I don't actually believe that her appendix burst. She has just lied to many times. 

So that is how my day has gone. I had a two hour break before I had a babysitting job. I didn't really have the money for it but I went out to Islands and got a burger and fries. They were so delicious, especially because I was starving. I stopped at party city and got some stuff for my TGIO party tomorrow. I am nervous about it but keep reminding myself it is a party it is going to be fun. I am sure it will be I just have a few details to work on tomorrow morning before it starts.

Another fun thing is my refrigerator is starting to act weird. While I was gone to my sisters for two weeks my brother had heard an odd noise from the freezer. We haven't heard it since but yesterday something underneath started to tick. Luckily we have a spare fridge in the house. So now I need to clean out my fridge so we can try to sell it and then clean out the other fridge and figure out how to get it in the kitchen. Ok that is not too hard my dad will come down for a party on the eleventh so he and my brother should be able too move them around.

I think that is it for now. Update you later with more co-worker drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment