About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, December 8, 2011

Confusing Friday's

Friday's are always very confusing for me. This because I am happy that it is the end of the week but Friday's are my longest days. I normally work 1.5 hours have a two hour break and then work 3 hours. But on Friday's the kids have a half day so i work straight through for 6.5 hours. Now I know that most people work eight or ten hour shifts so six and a half is not bad at all. But for me that makes for a long day especially if I am doing something on Friday evening.

This week has been long and hard. The school just started a new session two weeks ago, we are split into three sessions. And with a new session we have new after school classes. Well the classes are more popular plus more classes were added which means more kids. Plus with out a steady co-worker this week, it has made the week very long. Tomorrow my boss took the day off work as a personal day. She requested it off over a month ago. This leaves me in charge. We did find someone to come in to cover her,  really I cover her and the sub covers me but you get the point. I won't be alone at least. I also have a volunteer coming in to help as well. So even with the extra kids I should be fine. But I can't help but worry. I know that if I am less stressed then the day goes better and being stressed does not help the day one bit. So hopefully tomorrow will go well.

An update on my MIA co-worker. So because it was for medical reasons she can come back as long as she had a doctors note covering the absence and a doctor note releasing her to work again. With my boss out tomorrow she thought it was best for her to just come in on Monday so all the paper work could be handled. So at least I don't have to worry about seeing her tomorrow when i am already dealing with everything else.

Let's see, what am I doing this weekend? Friday night I am volunteering at my church. The staff are having a Christmas party and the caterer needs some help. So after work I will go down there and assist wherever needed. Saturday night I babysit. So I will make some money which is good. This weekend I also need to finish cleaning the fridge. I had taken all of the drawers and shelves out and cleaned those last night. But the bigger job is going to be cleaning the actual fridge. Actually it is the freezer that is the worst. There is a big piece of paper towel stuck to the bottom of the freezer. I don't know how I am going to get that off. But I will figure it out. But I need to get it cleaned. Then of course once the fridges are switched I will have to clean my current one so that we can sell it. I know my dad is coming into town some time this weekend, not sure exactly when. His cousins are having a Christmas party on Sunday. I don't really know them, plus I think it is during the time I am at church so I don't think I will go again this year. Though dad realizes that, I think I am the only one of my siblings he even asks to go anymore. And honestly I would go but church comes first.

I have not been detoxing off caffeine but I still really need to. I am still eating totally weird and random foods. But I can say I have started going to bed earlier. Which I find is nice since I wake up earlier and have time to actually eat breakfast and be rushing out the door to work. So hey one down, two to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment