About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Saturday, December 17, 2011

Change of plans

Today did not go exactly as I had planned. Work was great. It was pretty easy and I revealed we did the reveal of the secret Santa. She said she loved the stuff. My final gifts were a little weird but it was still nice to get something. It is always a little hard leaving before the break because it is weird that I won't see everyone for two weeks. One interesting thing is that I was able to borrow an iPad from work. Each of our preschool classes have three iPads. I made a joke yesterday that I wanted to take one home to borrow for the two weeks and they said no problem. I can't put any new apps on it but I have the Internet and I am exploring the preschool apps that are already on it. In fact right now I am typing on it. It is a little weird but not too hard. So if a few things are misspelled that is why.

After work I felt a little at a loss as to what to do. I went home and had some lunch. Then I went out. I stopped. Y Target and left buying nothing and then went to a store to buy some Bucuala for a traditional Italian holiday dish my family makes. After arriving at home I should have just hung out until it was time to go to a church function. However that is not what I did. I started getting nervous about going to the family movie night, I still feel like I don't have many friends there. I knew it would be a bit awkward. So instead I went shopping.

I thought I knew what I was getting for people. I figured it would be pretty easy so out I went. It did not turn out very well. After four hours of shopping and driving all over I came home with only one gift and even that I am a little unsure of. It would have been easier if I wasn't feeling so worried about money. I kept going back and forth about what I should do and how much I should spend. I left empty handed because I stuck to my guns about not spending over a certain amount. The problem is the amount of stress this all causes. See I could go out tomorrow back to many of the same stories and buy perfect gifts for people but they would all be more then I was hoping to spend. So then the question is? I the stress of finding cheaper gifts really worth the saving the extra money? But of course it is. So I will continue to think up idea's.

Tomorrow I am supposed to volunteer for Be The Match, for bone marrow donation. They are collecting at metro center mall. But they never told me where in the mall that they are doing it. I kind of want to use this as an excuse not to go but realize that is not actually a good reason. So I will go a little early and walk around the mall to find them. I just hope they are in the mall somewhere because if they are outside the mall I will never find them. After that I will babysit in the evening. So I have a pretty full day tomorrow.


I do want to mention real quick that this evening I watched a really good movie I recommend. It is called, "Christmas with a capital C." it is a Christian film about how Christmas is not about the traditions we keep but about Christ himself. That was capitalize Christmas because we are talking about Christ. It also talks about the controversial topic of saying Merry Christmas vs. Happy holiday's. I really recommend it, it was really good.

Well it is nearly 1am now so I must get some sleep before my long day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment