About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, December 11, 2011

A bit random today

So my dad came to town, he is feeling better. Tomorrow morning he and my brother will move around the refrigerators for me. So that is good. This evening while I was watching tv and doing some of my volunteer project things started coming to mind about my 2012 to do list (resolution list.) I added some movies that need to watch; Sound of Music, Gone with the Wind, Grease, and Casablanca. I know I watched Sound of Music and Grease in junior high but I don't really remember then. And don't think I have seen the other two at all. I am considering adding a few more like The Godfather, all three parts of course, and The Shawshank Redemption. But I don't know yet. I am keeping the read classic books on my list as well. I am also going to add a new weight loss goal to get to 240. I have always said, "Below 250." So I want to change it up a little. I am also planning on going vegan and caffeine free for an entire year so I am adding those to the list as well. I know that one month was good for my body so I figure lets try the whole year. But we will see how that goes. That is it for now but I will continue to think of things. On New Years I will post my new official list.


***

Tonight I had run out of things to watch so I pulled a movie from my dvd shelf. Last year I had bought a movie called "The Christmas Cottage." It was an impulse buy so I didn't really read very closely so not till I watched it the first time last year did I realize it was about Thomas Kinkade. I again not reading, just remembering it was a good movie put it in to watch. About halfway through they mention their last name and I finally remember. This time after watching the movie I pulled up the internet to see information about Thomas Kinkade as well as the painter in the movie that inspired him. I of course went to the Wikipedia page and to my amazement found out that Mr. Kinkade is not a very nice guy. His art had never really appealed to me, it wasn't my thing. But I know several people that like his art and had heard he was a Christian. In fact in the movie it has a slight undertone of him being Christian. However this is apparently not the case. He is instead greedy and can't hold his liquor very well, in other words he gets rude, rowdy, and harasses women. Keep in mind of course he is married and has four kids. This is very sad to hear. I know it is wikipedia so maybe it is not all true but because it is wikipedia if it was wrong he himself could change the information. So because it is still on the site it lets me know that it is probably all true. Then I get to the very bottom of the page and the last piece of information is that he paid to have The Christmas Cottage made. So of course it paints him in a good light, he used it as a marketing tool to make more money. The movie was good and gets me emotional but knowing the truth about this man makes me want to throw it away. Though I guess just like in my books for Nano where I bend the truth to make my life how I want it he has done the same.

***

I did want to update you that my neighbor has not played any more loud Christmas music since the first night. I never made it over but I assume some of my other neighbors must have to ask him not to do that again. So that is very nice.

This weekend was very relaxing, I really enjoyed just taking things easy and not trying to rush around. I am excited about having only one more week of work and then two weeks off. I am hoping that I will get some more calls for work for those weeks off. Hopefully parents get tired of being home with the kids and call me up. I also need to get back on the SitterCity website to see if anyone is looking on there. I haven't looked in a little while because I have been so busy but I am sure someone will need help over the winter break. If not then I will just take it easy at home. No big deal. Oh, and I didn't forget that my co-worker is coming back tomorrow. I am not worried about it. I am just going to do my job and let my boss worry about her doing hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment