About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, December 25, 2011

Tradition Kept

I do not have many memories as a child but one has always stuck out and that was the night of Christmas Eve. Yes, we got to open one gift which was a new set of pj's but there was something more important. Growing up my parents had this amazing nativity set, it is just beautiful. It is also so old that I don't know if another still exists like it. On Christmas eve all of us kids, there were four of us. Would go sit down next to dad on the couch. One of us would get to hold the baby Jesus from the nativity while my dad read the story of Jesus's birth from the bible. I remember that as kids we would get bored and not want to sit still while dad read the story again. A story which we had probably just heard at a Christmas eve service. But the memory stuck with me. I do not know when I started it exactly but as an adult I now make sure that before I go to sleep on Christmas even that I stop and read the story of Jesus. I know that when I do get married it will be something I do with my husband and when I have kids it will something I will do with them. Because among all the hustle and bustle and presents and excitement those five or ten minutes sitting still on the couch, no matter what your age, really impressed, at least on me, the true meaning why we celebrate Christmas. Even if I didn't get it when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment