About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Saturday, December 24, 2011

Thinking through things

If you have been reading my blog for long you know that sometimes things flash into my head and out again. I think that it is a great idea but then it never goes anywhere. Today is one of those days. I continue to think about and pray about the trip to Belize, I would still love to go. I have also been thinking about this summer doing something different. I actually looked up working at a Christian summer camp. It would not pay much and it would be hard work but I think it would be an interesting experience. I don't know though since usually they hire kids fresh out of high school or in college to work for them. So just an idea right now. I love my job but I know I can not do this forever and so I have started thinking outside the box. Trying to come up with an idea about how to change things up for me. I haven't really thought of anything yet. But I continue to pray about it so I hope that God will let me know the next step when I need to know it.

I am also trying to figure out what I am going to do next month. My church is doing a time called fast, pray, worship. Yes, we just did something like this in September. But for the new year we are doing another time of fasting. It is to be 25 days. I am trying to figure out what I should do during this time. I have an idea but it would be a big commitment and a real challenge to myself. I am continuing to pray about it and hope to hear confirmation from God about this time and what He desires for me during this time.

Tomorrow I head down to Tucson to visit with extended family. It will be just me and my dad like it was last year. It was pretty fun. I do kind of miss not getting to go to a candle light service on Christmas Eve. Especially because I have not attended one at Living Streams yet. Last year I had kind of felt like, well really they are all the same anyways, right? But this year it is different I feel like I am really going to miss out. But life is about choices and this year I chose Tucson maybe next year I will pick the Christmas Eve Service.




No comments:

Post a Comment