About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, December 18, 2011

Confession

I have a confession to make, i did not go volunteer this morning. My alarms went off and I thought about it but I went back to sleep. I know I totally suck. I ended up sleeping till 2:30. That means I slept nearly thirteen hours. My body must have needed it. I only woke up then because I had several people call and text me which woke me up.

I made pancakes for breakfast and then watched "The Help." it was just what I expected. Racism was horrific back then and I try not to forget that. It is really a part of our history that should not be forgotten so that it is never repeated. Then I rushed off to a babysitting job. That was good as it always is when I watch well behaved kids. I also set up another babysitting job for Wednesday so I will go from one job to another that day. Lots of babysitting but it just means lots of money. I need to remember to put a portion in savings because most months I do not get this many babysitting jobs. I am also keeping track so that I can properly tithe off of what I am earning. I am not always good about that but I want to be better.

On the way home I was hungry so I stopped at my local Denny's. My future sister in law, racheal works there and she happened to be on as well as my brothers friend Sean who works their as well. Then racheal was getting off so my brother Heath came in to get her. We ended up just sitting around chatting for nearly two hours. It was nice hanging out with my younger brother. I don't get to do that very often anymore. So it was totally worth staying up late for. Plus now my belly is full of delicious food which a total bonus as well. Though I did have geo glasses of soda which I should not have done. I was down to only three cans of soda and I am sure that having the extra soda today will set me back a little. It is just so automatic to order a diet when the waitress or waiter asks. I should have just had water instead. Oops. :(

Well it is now 4:20 in the morning and I have to get up at seven to go to church. If I do not show up then people will not have their coffee and that does not make for very happy people. So I set at least five alarms, I normally use three, and hopefully I will get up in less then three hours. Tomorrow I also need to go to book mans, stop by target, do my laundry, and finish my volunteer project so I can mail it out. Oh yeah I also have a gift I need to finish up. I have to finish it tomorrow so it will be ready in time for Christmas. Sorry no further details on that one as I am not sure who all reads this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment