About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Half asleep post

Not much happened today and I wasn't sure if I should blog at all. But I hate to break my new habit of blogging daily so here we are.

Despite going to bed very very late last night I woke up at a reasonable hour. First thing head down to the post office. Now I feel like anyone going to the post office in December, especially the week of christmas should expect long lines. I sure did. So when I say the long line I just got in it and waited my turn. Behind was an older woman and she did not come with the same attitude as me. At first I placated her comments mostly ignoring them. Then I decided hey why not just say what I really want to. So every time she would make a rude, negative comment I would counter it with a positive one. "There goes another one on a coffee break." (she said this anytime someone walked away from their counter so I would reply with what they were really doing. "He just went to go put down a box in the rit cart in the back." "See he came back, he just needed new new reciept paper." it was kind of fun. By the end she actually made a positive comment herself saying how fast the line was. She didn't seem annoyed by my comments as she continued to say them so may she just needed a little positive in her day.

After that I came home to finish my volunteer project. If you remember I was putting stickers on things for bone marrow donation. I have fifty more to do and so I finished them up while watching the new series Once Upon a Time. That way I could get them out of my house before Christmas. I headed out again to drop the box off at a fed ex location, picked up my dad's gift and got some grocery shopping done.

When I got home there really was not anything I wanted to watch on hulu or tv so I picked up a book to read. I can't remember if I mentioned but I am reading the Hunger Games series. Everyone keeps recommending it. I read about half the book last Friday when I babysat and this evening I finished the other half. It was interesting. I went into it not knowing anything about it and it was not what I was expecting. But it was good and I am glad I have the second book to read right away. I also went and looked at the preview for the Hunger Games movie. It looks really good but only two actors that I recognize so I wonder how big the budget was. I wonder if it will be a other Twilight where the sequels get better because they have more money to work with. But of course then they have to keep the same actors who still can't act. I guess we will find out.

Tomorrow I babysit all day. Should be exhausting. I don't even know when i will be done. Though I figure it will be pretty early. I find the mom's like to have me gone before the husband gets home because then it is time for dinner and family time. Whatever I like the kids and that is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment