About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Friday, December 16, 2011

So close

My winter break is almost here. Today was my last full day at work and then tomorrow I do lunch duty for an hour and a half and then I am done for two weeks. Actually two weeks and one day. We always have the monday after winter break off so we will return to school on the third of January.

My two weeks won't be work free of course. Being hourly I have to keep myself busy so I can keep my bills paid. But it will be different babysitting instead of going to school. The worst part of course is that I have to be across town at 9am next week and seeing that I usually don't have to be to work till 11:30, that is very early. But I can do it. I do know that that much time with one kid will remind me why I am not a nanny. Entertaining one kid all day is kind of challenging. But that is why I get paid well to do it.

With the official termination of my previous co-working finalized on Wednesday we immediately had a new job posting put on Craig's List. There were several immediate e-mails and my boss narrowed in on one immediately. She came and interviewed today and hopefully she will start when we get back from the break. She seems much more mature then our last employee so hopefully all works out well. I am ready to have someone reliable around to help me.

***

During Nano everyone kept telling me how I had to read The Hunger Games. So I requested the three books from the library and the first two have arrived. I went and picked them up and will read them over the next week. I will let you know how I like them later. Everyone is so excited about the new movie coming out so now I finally will see what all the excitement is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment