About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Saturday, December 31, 2011

My plan vs Gods plan for 2012

I was just reading a blog. It is a Christian blog that has at least twenty women all writing for it. Today the blog was about the new year and how so many plans that she and her husband had made had changed. Everything they had planned was loving and kind and good for their community and yet God had different plans for them. One of the last things she says is this, "and now this time, I'm trying not to have a plan. I only know that God is with us, and it's never what we think, and that things will fall apart, and that even then, especially then, it's ok." I read that and I was just, "Yes! That is exactly it."

I am making plans and challenging myself to do things this year to try to improve my health or my relationship with God. But this reminds me that I can do nothing with out God. For it is He who is my strength. The author also ended with the following verse. "Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory(...)" Ephesians 3:21

So earlier as I worked out details of my new year plans I had stopped and turned the page in my notebook. I wrote out what I wanted to accomplish by the end of 2012. As I went down the list they were (mostly at least) general.

1. Vegan - whole foods plant based diet
2. Caffeine free
3. Daily devotion with God
4. Exercise 3x a week
5. Be in a more financially stable position

There is no marriage, school, moving, job changes, etc listed on here. The big things that I do not control. The big things that I leave in God's hands. Just small things like how I treat this body God gave me, the time God gave me, or the money God gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment