About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Co-Worker Frustration

I am so upset. The current policy from the school work in allowed my co-worker to no-call no-show for seven working days before we can terminate. And that had to include my boss calling her four times of the seven working days. That is insane! What kind of policy is that? But it came from the lawyers. So today, wednesday, my boss gave her a call, as per our lawyers. Keep in mind we have not talked to her since thursday when she called out with 1 hour notice. We had heard on friday night from her boyfriend that she was in the hospital but that she would call when she could. Well apparently she was able to call today.

She called this afternoon and said she just got released from the hospital and she could work tomorrow. First I don't understand why she was in the hospital for seven days for an appendisitis. She said she had a bladder infection as well but you don't stay in the hospital for a bladder infection, you go home with a prescription. Second if she had to spend seven days in the hospital for her appendix I don't understand how she can come back to work tomorrow.

My boss, not wanting to deal with her, said she couldn't come in tomorrow because she had to check with HR first. She, totally reasonably I think, wants to have my co-worker have to sign something saying that if she no-call no-show's again that she will be terminated.

The whole thing is just frustrating. But now I just feel fed up with her. If she comes in Friday, which I think she will. I will just be very work oriented. She always wants to chit chat and talk and sit around doing nothing. No more. I don't care if it upsets her. I need someone to help me that I can trust and will be reliable and she is not either of those things. I have a teenager who volunteers sometimes and he is more helpful then she is!

Part of me thinks I should be nice. She just got out of the hospital and doesn't feel well. But then I remind myself that just because I am Christian I do not have to be walked on. And I shouldn't have to do two people's jobs because i want to be nice. So now I want her to come Friday because either she will shape up and get serious or leave. We have bent over backwards for her trying to be nice and helpful and it is just too much now. This is a job and she needs to either get serious about that or quit.

I know I am clearly very upset. But if you had to watch 45 kids on your own for 30 min when the ratio is 1 to 20 then you would be upset too!

Alright I think that is it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment