About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, November 27, 2016

Dreams and Goals

My brain has been thinking about many things lately. First the idea that I may not get married and what I want my life to look like if that is not an option. Second my younger brother and his wife are have a baby in May. It is exciting but it makes me think about never having kids. I will be turning 35 in four months and my life is not what I thought it would be. However that does not mean it is not good. I have had a pretty amazing life actually.

Bucket lists are so common. I started searching though Pinterest and other places for ideas of things I have always wanted to do. I pieced together a couple of long lists of ideas, printed them and started going through. Through the 550 things I had on my list many were duplicates, some I had no interest in at all. The really cool thing was all that I have done. I have traveled to third world countries, snorkeled on a coral reef and with sharks, I have been to Disneyland, Disney World and Hawaii. I have Cliff Jumped and stood on the edge of the Grand Canyon. I have been in the audience of two different late night shows and sat first row to Cirque du Soleil, one of the performers even sat on my lap. I have lived! I have truly lived!

As I looked at things I really do want to do like so much more traveling, sky diving, riding in a hot air balloon or even traveling in a limo. What I realized is I could make a long list of things I could try to check off a list but being more focused seemed wiser. I am about to be 35 but where do I want to be at 40? What goals can I set right now that will take me where I want to be at 40. Now of course being faithful in Christ I don't know where He will actually lead me but I see some steps that will be good.

So I thought of those things I have been wanting for a long time and how I can get to them in 5 years. First two to work on is traveling to Seattle and becoming a teacher. I am in school now, should actually be working on an assignment now instead of blogging. I have been trying to get to Seattle for a long time. I save some money and then it has to be used for something different. Longer term goals I want to move out of my dad's house and into a nice 2 bedroom apt. I love living where I am at but I can't stay in my dad's house forever. I once owned a house and I think of doing it again but I really don't want to deal with a yard. So things are a bit of give in take when I consider that. The other long term idea is traveling to Ireland, Scotland and England. This is a much more expensive endeavor but maybe for my 40th b-day.

The last thing I am continually working on is paying off my debt. I suck at following a budget and get myself in trouble all the time. So I am adding that onto the list because it will help with at least three of the four goals.

So it is not very fancy right now. I want to get some cloth to make it look nice instead of the cork. But this will do for now. On the bottom I want to add on the monthly calendar so I can see what is going on and when things are due.

No comments:

Post a Comment