About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Can an app help?

I spent a couple days just staring at the scans. So first the high blood pressure, that is still not down, and now with this scan I have to do something. Years ago and still my older brother and his wife lost a lot of weight and kept it off using the Lose It app. I have it on my phone and years ago I tried using but tracking everything you eat can be hard. I am at a loss of what to do and so I am going with what I know worked for my brother. I opened the Lose It app and even paid the $30 for the upgraded options. 

Throughout a lifetime of trying to loose weight I know that it all comes down to calories in and calories out. As I start logging for the first time in years I find the hardest part is adding in the bad food. When I ate a healthy breakfast, logging is no problem. Lunch was a little high but healthy so I added it no problem. Then I stumbled and ate too much with dinner and treats after. Logging it anyways is hard because I know it will make me over and turn my little numbers red. Though I assume that it is part of the deal. Not wanting to go over should encourage me not to eat that way. Though instead it makes me not want to log at all. I think it is a phycological thing feeling like a day that I go over is a failure. I think I need to try to focus on the week overall instead of individual days. 

Weight loss is such a phycological battle every day and throughout the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment