About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sick

I know for a first post it should be a little lighter and nicer but I am just tired of the stupid myspace because now it won't allow any paragraph breaks.

Yesterday was a long day. I woke up at 6am left the house at 6:30 am and didn't get home till almost midnight. A very long day only made longer by me not feeling very well. I had class at 8am, I showed up early as I still had to get my official schedule and find my classes. Travel time doesn't seem to be bad so I am going to be able to push my 'time to leave' to 7am.  

My first class is Eng 102. The syllabus seems to be pretty scary for the class and I really wish I had passed the class when I took it at community college. We first have an essay so the teacher can see our writing style, really an assignment for the four of us who didn't take 101 first semester. In fact only the four of us have to show up for class wed and the other 9 in class get to skip class. I know a really small class. After that we will have 5 5 page reasearch papers plus he is trying out a new project on us. We are going to pick two magazines, write to editors to ask what they look for in an article. And then we are to write an article and come up with pictures and submit it to the magazine. Creative yes, but I don't want to write for a magazine. I have no interest in being published and think it is just silly to waste the magazine editors time. But that may just me be whining. This class is going to be a lot of work!

My second class is biblical interpretation. Seems pretty basic, we have a text book we will be reading, using the bible in every class, (I actually have to go find a New American Standard Bible to use for the class) regular homework assignment, and the teacher seems pretty cool. This class is much larger at about 42 classmates. I guess they had a long waitlist so they put it in  a bigger room. Being a last min add I am glad they did but I am sympathetic to the teacher handling all of us. 

It was interesting though. I honestly don't get a lot of calls or texts. But during my first class I got a text from my sister. So after class I checked my phone. My classes are next door to each other so I went next door, found a seat, and started texting her back. Well I notice that nobody else is using their cell phones. No texting, no calls between class. Yes, it is 9am but I don't think I have been in a class with no cells being used. I figure it is because at least 85% of the class lives on campus and dorms are about 150 feet away. 

So while at school I don't really talk; giving my name, answering a question or two. But when I do my voice is very scratchy. So I was already worried about going to work that evening. I get work and at first I am ok but as the day goes on my voice gets worse and worse. At the end of the day I sound like an old smoker. Today, I can't even talk. I am so glad I have a couple days off. I don't know why I can't seem to kick this stupid cold. It is very annoying! I just want to feel better. I just keep taking medicine and nothing is doing the trick. I thought I was getting better for awhile there but my anxiety probably hurt that. I just hate it because I am giving a horrible first impression at school because I feel bad and can't talk. And when I do talk I sound like a freak. So people are trying to be friendly I try but it is just so hard since i can't talk. I have so much I need to do as well and I was hoping I would feel better by today so I could get to my list of things to do done but I really want to take it easy so that this cold will go away. So here I sit on my  couch trying to wish away my cold.

1 comment:

  1. We so need to talk! So did you get in to Southwestern? Or did you decide to go with GCU? I feel so out of the loop!! I am super proud of you though for going back to school! I miss you and I hope you're feeling better soon. (And you know that Mexican food is my weakness, so call me when you feel up to it!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete