About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A long day

Today was a much longer day than I was expecting. I figured to school, no talking, a quick stop at the eye Dr and then home. I figured I would probably skip Awana's in the evening as well or at least just go to service instead of help. This was the plan, this isn't what happened.

Woke up on time, went to class. To anyone that can hear me knows I have a sore throat, that I have no voice. My eng teacher can hear this and yet keeps asking questions. We were kind of going in a circle answering questions about thesis statements but it was ridiculous. By the end I little would attempt to talk and nothing would come out. Even the other class mates thought it was crazy he kept asking questions. I guess I should have asked if I didn't have to participate but it just didn't seem right. Plus I figured it wouldn't go on very long. 

My next class wasn't bad, the girl that sits next to me tried to talk to me. That of course didn't work well. After school I had to go find an American Standard Bible. I tried looking at a few places like target and walmart last night. And then today I checked Bookmans, still no luck. So I went to Family Christian. I was actually happily surprised because I found one for only $10, the cheapest I had seen online was $25. Stopped at Barnes and Noble for a half priced day calendar. Then it was off to the optometrist. I was already annoyed with them because I had to pay $50 to have them watch me put my contacts in. So going in I figured my sore throat would be good for me, and it was. I had an apt and showed on time but the Dr must have been behind so I had to wait about 15 min, not too bad. He had me read a couple of eye charts and then sent me back out. I was literally in there 2 min tops. That's right $50 for watch me put in my contacts the week before (aprox 1 min) and then 2 min this week. I really need to get a job where I make $50 for less than 5 min of my time. Anyways, so I go sit down because I have to see a different girl to place an order for contacts. You know cause I couldn't just do that the first time I came in (annoying.) Well this girl was busy and then somehow two people who came in after me got ahead of me. But I just sat quietly with my back to the people waiting for my name to be called. I was there like 30 min and spent about 7 min talking to people. Anyway annoyed, but was quiet about it.

Went home for a couple hours, had some lunch. Played online and watched some tv. Then at 2:30 it was off to school again. Before you start classes you are supposed to take these tests during an orientation but I was working at the time. So I had to go take one of the tests. This excursion involved much more talking than I was expecting. First basic chit chat awkwardly while I and my councilor were waiting for someone to administer the test. Then awkward chit chat with the test administrator. And then more chit chat with my councilor again and then a financial advisor, thought they call them the 'business dept.' Lots of talking, to much talking. The test was weird too. Ok not really weird questions but weird since I am already taking classes. It had three sections math, reading, writing. The math had subtracting and multiplying fractions. Who remembers how to do that? I probably failed but I guess it shouldn't matter. I have to take a religion test next week too. It was implied that before you graduate you retake the tests, its to see how the teachers do. Besides that I found out that I owe like $225 to the school in other fees not covered by the company. They wanted it immediately but I didn't even know I would have these fees so they pushed it to the end of the month. So now I really want to work some overtime so I can pay for this and I am not even sure I can go to work tomorrow. I'm trying not to think about it. 

So again I went home. And I was sitting here doing nothing. Knowing that I should be doing homework or something productive. And as the time moved closer to 6:30 I couldn't figure out what to do. The plan was to just say I couldn't help because I was sick. But honestly I have a little bit of a runny nose but really the only thing wrong is my voice. So I am not really sick and I could see they really needed help, so stayed and played. I worked with the cubbies, their 3-4 year olds. At first I tried to talk very little but that didn't really work. So I worked with the kids talking as I needed to, staying silent when I could. After church I saw my sister and her family. I have been wanting to talk to her for awhile so threw caution to the wind and just talked. I was happy my voice didn't disappear. Just a few min of catching up was so painful but it really felt nice to get to talk to someone. I keep wanting to call my dad too but it is just so painful when I try to talk regular. Plus I really need to save my voice if I am going to make it to work tomorrow.

Everyone keeps saying tea. I really hate tea. In fact I hate tea more than I hate coffee. So I don't really know what to do. I have been constantly drinking Sierra Mist or Sprite because that feels good on the throat. And I am trying to be careful on what I am eating as well. Which is actually driving me crazy because I am totally craving mexican food. So anyone interested as soon as my throat is back I am heading to either Carlos O'brian's or maybe Garcia's. Both sound so delicious. A pollo fundido sounds soooo good right now. I think that is my whole day. A long post I know. But I can't talk so I am writing instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment