About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's been forever since I posted

Ok yes its been forever since I posted. (Thank you to the friend who pointed this out with out actually saying it, I appreciate the support!) Lets see how have I been? Well I haven't really been exercising much. From time to time, like 1 or 2 times a week, I will go for a hike. This weekend I noticed that the new pants I bought a month or two ago started to be tight again. I don't want to go back to any of my old weights. So I think it is time to get back on track again. I know that it will be slow going and that I need to be patient. I am trying to take each meal/snack or time to exercise one at a time.

Today I went for a hike after work. On the way down I was sprinting to help keep my heart rate up. I have done this in the past and as I continue to exercise I am able to sprint a little longer. Well today I felt myself tripping and I really tried to stop myself but I couldn't stay vertical so I tried to just drop to my knees but it more turned into a drop and roll. So I wound up with prickly's all over my pants and I huge bruise just below my left knee. It is like the diameter of a soft ball. I tried to be tough about it. I dusted myself off and kept down the trail, really where else would I go? I knew I needed to sprint at least a little, otherwise in the future I may be too scared. Plus my endorphins had kicked in so my leg wasn't feeling too bad. So I am proud of myself. I try to tell myself its not a big deal, people who exercise and are physically active get hurt sometimes. I just have never actually fit into that classification till recently so it is kind of scary to have such a big bruise. I know I need to rest it some but I don't want it to become and excuse to continue to not exercise. So more of a wait and see, maybe ask friends what they would do. I mean really it is just a bruise and a couple scrapes.

So weight wise I am currently at 264 and my waist is back up to 52" so not so good. But I think if I get myself back on track with my exercise and my weight loss then I will be ok and get back to loosing weight instead of gaining again. I will try to be more dedicated to posting at least once a week because it keeps me accountable. It is just so hard to post bad number after bad number.

Everything else is going goo. Ok, well that's not completely true my uncle died last week. I wasn't very close to him but it is still hard because heart issues and early death seem to run in my mom's family. She died at 47 of a heart attack, now uncle joe at 58 of a heart attack, and then they had another sister die years ago at 58 though she died of MS, and my mom's dad was in his 80's at the time but he died of a heart attack, and then another of my mom's sisters had a triple bi-pass a few years ago. So it is all pretty scary when I stop and list it all out.

Work is great though. Only 4 more weeks of school for the kids and then I am helping with the summer program. I will still have 5 weeks off during the summer but I will still be able to work most of it. I really do love my job so I am glad I don't have to try and find something else for the summer. With five weeks of not working I will be short some money but I think I may try to at least go somewhere for a couple days. Though my car sucks so it won't actually make it anywhere so maybe a staycation in a hotel in scottsdale. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment