About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Saturday, August 25, 2012

Organizing


      When my mind is muddled my physical life gets muddled too. So now that I am feeling a little more clear the mess around me is becoming more and more of a nuisance. So now I am working on not just cleaning the stacks of things that have found themselves on my floor and table. While working on these spots I also decided to tackle two other projects that needed to get done.  

      The first is the desk in my room. It tends to become the stopping ground for a wide variety of things. In addition when I buy new earring or hair accessories they have no home so on the desk they go. This has been frustrating because of course I can not find anything. With my new addiction to pinterest I have been inspired. So I am slowly changing things around. I wish I had taken a before picture, it was awful. Now it looks nice.

     I bought a jewelry tree from Bed, Bath and Beyond that I store my bracelets and earrings on. I bought a small lazy suzan from Target and used duct tape to add some color to it. I put all of my bottles on this, I have plenty of hair gel spray’s I use. 

     I have also hung a ribbon down the mirror on my desk that I have attached my hair clips to. 


      For my headbands I took two rolls of toilet paper stacked on top of each other. Then I wrapped a bandana I got for $1 at Micheals around it. I need to get a flower to put on the top of it to make it look a little nicer. The toilet paper rolls were the right size for most of them but a few were a little too large. I made it work anyways. Two other idea’s on pinterest were to use an empty cleaning wipes container, this is smaller around and would work great for kids headbands or a paper towel roll. I may end up switching to the paper towel roll which I believe will be a little bigger then the toilet paper.

      Second I am tackling my cubes. When I first got and filled them they were cute. I had a few boxes and a few empty cubes to add knick knacks to. Now I use all the room and things are unorganized. I bought a few more cloth boxes to add to the cubes. I went through separating and throwing out things I haven’t used in forever. I added labels and now things are much easier to find.


      
      At the age of thirty I have realized I have no interest in makeup. However I really love to decorate my nails. I used to have all of my polishes on a tiered shelf (the one I now use for pills.) My collection had grown so large that I could no longer add any new and often they would all come tumbling down. I again turned to pinterest for a solution. The idea I most loved was getting a spice rack and attaching it to a wall. You can then place all of your nail polishes on the spice rack placing them both out of the way and easy to choose a color. I don’t feel the walls in my house are secure enough (an old house with many creaks) so I went with another option. At Target I bought a stackable tub. There are two levels, though I only use the one right now. It is tall enough to let the nail polish stand up in the container. The websites and video’s I saw recommend this said you could see the colors because you are looking straight down and can see the sides. This depends on the brand but I think it works well enough. 




2 comments:

  1. Hey Angela! You have some great ideas for organizing!!! I love to have my stuff organized and clean but I wish I could make it look as nice as you did!


    Glad to know you are feeling better̈́

    Have a good one!

    EMILIO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emilio! I am pretty good at organizing but keeping it that way is the tough part. ;)

      Delete