About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Monday, August 27, 2012

Short Monday

     I went to bed early last night, I was asleep by 10:30pm. This was done with the help of a melatonin pill. I really want to get on a day schedule but all last week was not going to bed till 2 or 3 in the morning. So the only way I know to quickly rotate is to take melatonin to help me fall asleep sooner. The problem is I slept till noon today. Not what I was hoping. It may have been because it was the first time in a long time I took the melatonin but may have also been because I have a slight cold right now. Probably a combination of both.
    My tentative schedule for each day is to do school work in the morning, exercise early afternoon and then go to work in late afternoon. (If you remember I start work at 4pm.) It turned out, due to the holiday next Monday, I don't have access to my classes yet. I did get in 30 minutes of cardio. I switched between using my Gazelle and stair stepping. I was pouring out sweat by the end. I did this while watching Hulu. Have you seen the show Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss edition? I watched it last year and so it has been popping up in my queue this summer. I have not watched it, probably because I didn't want to think about my weight. So I figure this is the perfect time to watch it. So I put on an episode and had the goal to exercise till the end. I made it 35 minutes through. I am pretty proud of myself seeing that I haven't exercised in forever.
     I am a little concerned about my eating. I am not really hungry and my eating is off. I had eaten breakfast at noon when I woke up. I considered eating after exercising but didn't feel hungry so I didn't. Got a little hungry at work and so I ate when I got home. That was at 6:30 or so and here it is 10:30, 4 hours later and I am going to bed instead of eating. Now part of that is because I am trying to change my sleep schedule. But some days when I am awake a normal number of hours I don't really eat because I am not really hungry. Don't get me wrong, I totally crave food all the time but I am trying to only eat when I am actually hungry. So I need to start making myself eat more. I know that my body needs it even if it isn't telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment