About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Is 2 days enough?

I told you I need to maintain my weight I need to eat 3000 calories a day. So I cut calorie intake to 2000 calories and am attempting to exercise burning off an additional 500 calories. The last two days have definitely had their own challenges. Yesterday I really really wanted to go to Denny's. But I didn't. Then today I was hungry after my CR meeting but was out of calories. So compromised and had 90 calories of silk milk and that seems to have pleased my tummy. Not completely but some. (I realize I have to get used to the lower calories and not binge eating every evening.)

This evening, despite the fact that I knew better, I stepped on the scale. I figured the 284 was probably a fluke anyways. Plus I was great the last two days the scale has to be lower. I step on and it is like slow motion as the scale focuses on my weight. You know the way the tv shows do it where the scale bounces up and down for a full 30 seconds. Of course mine was like 3 seconds but I was so anxious to see a number that would tell me I didn't have to exercise anymore. What did it read? 283 That is right. In two days I consumed or exercised off an extra 3000 calories which is the approximate amount of a pound and there it is on the scale. 

It was like God saying, "Angela, I don't want you to do this for two days and quit. I want you to do this for the rest of your life. It is hard work but look, (he motions to the scale) you can do it." Now of course I did not actually see God but I have a pretty good imagination. So I of course I reply, "Really, forever?" "Yes" And I think about the pictures of babies I have on my vision/prayer board. How I want  to have children. Not just be healthy enough to have children but to remain healthy all of their lives and teach them to be healthy. "Ok"

No comments:

Post a Comment