About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Monday, October 8, 2012

One Week

It has been one week since I started being healthy again. I weighed in last night at 279 which means I shed 5 lbs. Most important is that I am back under the 280 that I did not want to go over. Week one wasn't bad. I was already familiar with my app and exercising. I seemed to add exercise easily into my daily schedule. I like my routine I seemed to get a lot more homework done during the day as well.

Week two is notoriously harder. The first we are surged with the power to get through and the excitement of it all. Week two is when it all becomes a little more real. When, at least for me, the cravings hit a little bit harder. This week has an extra challenge for me. For the next two weeks I am doing observations in classrooms for one of my classes. This means a chunk of time is going to be used up by that. I am trying to preplan a little bit. Be aware that time will be a little tighter and be flexible with myself because I do need to put school work first.

It is interesting to see how many calories are in things. I seem to have forgotten some stuff. I can see that my day is sometimes totally unbalanced. I think the biggest shock was seeing how many calories are in a tortilla. I was making a quesadilla with chicken, it was over 900 calories. I used to eat one of those, a frozen burrito (320 cal,) and tortilla chips. So many calories all in one meal.

Otherwise life is going ok. Only four more weeks of these classes and then I will start new ones. I am still dealing with my Made to Crave class. I was honest with the teachers about why I was leaving and they were floored. One, in e-mail, flat out said that I was wrong and imagining it. The woman in question won't be in class this week and the leaders want to talk to me in person about this so I will go this week and talk to them before class. I have gone back and forth about this a million times this week and still don't know if this is the right decision. I just need to remember to stand up for myself. I often get mousy in difficult circumstances which is why this has gone on for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment