About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Friday, April 29, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Written on 4/27/2011

I mentioned it before that my schedule is very busy. Last weekend was Easter and honestly my head never stopped like I wished it would. I have been so busy that I haven't been spending enough alone time with God. I try ever week at least once to have time alone with God but lately even in my time set aside my brains runs so much and I haven't been feeling the closeness. I want to continue to keep working lots of hours but I need to make sure God remains a top priority.

I have a co-worker who is Jewish and took several days off for Passover. It makes me really think about how she is so dedicated and spends such time to thank God for... I think it is for slaves that were saved by God. And I am remembering that God sent His son to die for me and then He rose from the dead three days later and I just go about my business like nothing important was happening. I should be the one taking days off work to spend time and praise God for incredible things He did to save my soul.

I worked all day Friday till about 10:30 pm and then almost all day sat and then went to bed early for church sun morning. The problem was I was volunteering the whole time. I got there at 7am to help with breakfast, went to the first service but had to leave early to help again with the food. Then went to second service which was a different sermon but I was up and down from that for the food. Then third service I was in nursery. Don't get me wrong I was happy to help. In fact other people were supposed to help and only one showed up and she was late so I was deffinitly needed but I have to remember that sometimes I need to say no to things.

No comments:

Post a Comment