About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Monday, April 25, 2011

New Car

Originally written on 4/6/11.

I am getting a new(er) car and I should be excited but I am not. Maybe when I start driving it? Maybe after I sign the paperwork? But right now I think about how I am putting myself more into debt. How I have been trying so hard to pay down my debt and now I am adding a new debt. I need to redo my debt snowball and add this in. The car is $5760 spread over 4 years for payments of $120. I was going to do a 3 year plan but with the increase in insurance I feel safer with a lower monthly payment. Of course I can pay it off early. I am hoping that I can sell my car for something decent and then I can put that towards the balance. I worry that if I make extra payments I might get confused so I am going to make a spreadsheet to write all payments down on. My brother is very organized so I don't really think it will be a problem but I want to be organized. Hmmm, and I don't have checks right now but I should probably get some to make this easier and more trackable.

The car isn't new but it is pretty exciting to have a car with a cd player and working windows. I think the most exciting is that I can now go visit my dad up north!! I love road trips and haven't been able to take one in two years. Plus in a couple months one of my best friends is moving near the Grand Canyon so I will be able to go visit!
Header

I love even the idea of getting to go up north. In reality I probably can't go till the summer but it is exciting that I don't have to try to figure out renting a car anytime I want to go on a road trip. I miss road trips.

...

I didn't have time to post this last night so here is a little update. After conferming the mileage and things the car is a few hundred dollars lower making my payments even more manageble. I do have to pay for change of title and the cost to transfer my registration and plate. And while I am at it I have had my personalized plate ten years now and it is faded so I want to get a new that doesn't look so sad. The question is do I skip brunch with my sister tomorrow or wait till tuesday to do it all? I really want to hang out with my sister but I would love to have the car for this weekend when I have a few across town babysitting jobs. I think I will double check and confirm my brother is still free tomorrow and if so call my sister. We will try another time it is silly to go when I know I will be stressing about cars all weekend if I don't just get this done. Oh wow! The idea of transfering the car to me is making me feel a little sick to the stomach. Aparently I am a bit nervous but a $5000 purchase is kind of a big deal. But I know that it is the best choice right now and I am thankful to even have it as a choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment