About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Friday, April 29, 2011

Spare Change

I always try to save my change but I eventually decide I need it and so I roll it and spend it. In an attempt to save more I bought a five gallon water jug to fill. I have filled it slowely mostly because I don't use cash very often. Several months ago I started converting the six dollars I make wed night helping with nursery at my church. I then put the change in my container. This has Mede it add up more quickly.

Then a couple months ago when I started following Dave Ramsey and making smarter financial choices I decided that my change container either for my future wedding ( no I don't even have a boyfriend right now but a girl can plan) or if by 35 (6 years away) I am not married I am going to Ireland. So it is my wedding or Ireland fund, both of which can be thousands of dollars sonstarting to save now seems very smart to me.

Well as I have been adding money I have been vetting antsy about knowing how much is in it. See I had this friend and one of the things we did the day before her wedding we took several small jars of change her soon to be husband had been saving to be converted to cash. It was over $100 and they used it to tip the caterers, dj, and photographer.

The container I have is barely full maybe an inch tall and it is probably 20" tall. But I just kept thinking about it so I got some coin rolls and sat down one evening while watching tv and rolled all my change. It came out to about $150 which is a lot for just saving my change and a few dollars each week. Now for either of my goals $150 won't pay for much but it is a start. I put all of my rolled coins back into the container ( still rolled because who wants to re-roll change. I don't really know how I will get them out later but should fun trying to figure it out. :)



....
On a side note, speaking of weddings, I was kind of happy when I saw that Prince Willliam and Kate Middleton are both 29 and they only just got married. See I am not that old maybe I should move to Europe to find a husband. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment