About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Vacation Attempt Two

As I write this I can't remember if I told you about my first attempt for my birthday. I stayed in town, worked till 5:30 sat night and had to be at church at 8am sun. There were cute boys roaming the hallways but the jacuzzi didn't work. It was nice but I am finding myself again in need to get away. I was debating about a couple options but the woman I nanny for gave me Monday and tuesday off and I knew I could get mon off at work. Next I had to decide where. I want somewhere close so I was choosing between Prescott or sedona. I like them both but was leaning toward Sedona. That is until I saw the prices of hotels! I can not believe how pricey the hotels are. In Prescott the have a motel 8 for $80 a night, that is crazy! Sedona was even more pricey so after a lot of though and priceline attempts I am staying in Prescott; well Prescott Valley.

The best deals I was finding were on priceline. They have a name your price option which I found really very difficult. See you choose the area and the star level you want and then name your price. But in any given star rating the prices range $20-$50. So let's say the hotels are $100 - $150 well I want a good deal but if I say $80 then maybe I am saving $20 or maybe $70. I may be willing to pay $100 a night for the $150 room but I could put in $100 and get the $100 room. And of course you are then locked in. They won't even tell you if you get it unless you agree to pay and give the cc. Well I think I tried about a dozen different offers but one was accepted and let me tell you that wasn't easy either because if you just want to change the dollar amount you have to re-do everything.

Anyways I am staying at the Wyndam Garden Suites. I got a $145 room for $80 so not too bad. Especially be ause on the star rating range I was the highest; I thought I would get a cheaper hotel.

I am going up sat night and will come back down mon. I was really trying to find a buy two night get the third free deal but couldn't find one. I need to still call the church and tell them I won't be there... Oh I just realized I am missing nursery. Oh well they can figure it out. I also want to call my sister. I babysit for my sister till 6:30 but sometimes she comes home early. It is an houra and a half drive to the hotel so I would love it if she was home by 5 so I could get there before 7. Of course earlier would be nice but I could totally use the money she pays me and for that she needs to get some hours in. So that means three calls and not just two. Oh well I think I will call the church people tonight and just leave a message and then I don't mind calling my sis.

I do need to figure out what is stressing me out so much and cut it out because I can't afford to take vacations. I think I know a couple things and I am working on solutions but I don't think I want to mention them right now. Well I am supposed to be working so that is it for now. Just wanted to update you a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment