About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 34 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Prescott Trip

I have been in need of a vacation for awhile and so this weekend everything seemed to work out and I was able to drive up north to Prescott.

On Saturday I babysat for my sister until 5:30 pm. I stopped by Wendy's for dinner and then got on the I 17 and headed north.

Through Priceline.com I booked a room with their Negotiator option. I have done this in the past and it works out great. I get a great hotel and a great price. I got to the hotel at 7:30 pm and went to check in.

When I book through the negotiator you don't really know anything about your room. So, like I usually do, I asked if I could have a single instead of a double. It was then the clerk let me know I had a King Suite. A suite?! No way, for that price? But I wasn't going to argue. The room was amazing! It had a separate living room, which I didn't really use. But the bathroom was great; it had a huge sink area and a giant whirlpool tub.

One thing I love to do is unpack my stuff. Put everything away; hang things up, put things in drawers, unpack my hair, nail, and other cosmetic stuff. Next I went out to a store to get munchies, soda, and flowers. I like to put fresh flowers in my room, it really helps spruce up and make me feel fancier.

Saturday night I took a nice long bath and finished a book I was reading. Then went to sleep.

Sunday morning I woke up at 6am. My body is just so used to waking up early. It took awhile but I finally got back to sleep and woke up around 9 am. I got dressed and went out for breakfast. I headed to an Ihop and outside there was a line. I couldn't believe how crowded it was. Not until I walked in did I realize it was Mother's day, of course it was busy. It took about 20 min to get seated but I just popped in my earbuds and listened to a sermon my church podcasts through itunes. The eggs were a little cold but the stuffed french toast was amazing!

So far I had only been in Prescott Valley and so I headed over to downtown Prescott to look at their shops. When I got there I found out they had a art festival.

It is the 100 year anniversary of Arizona and a copper plated motorcycle is touring around the state and this weekend it was in Prescott.

I had a lot of fun walking around. I ended up buying a bar of coconut soap, a pair of ladybug earrings, and a pretty pink bracelet. I went back to the hotel to relax. I got in my bathing suit, grabbed a couple magazines and went outside to relax.

It was so nice outside maybe 80 degrees with a slight breeze. I spent about an hour outside before deciding I should probably get up. I then headed over the pool and jumped in the jacuzzi to relax.

I gave myself a manicure and pedicure while watching the first Narnia movie. I then got dressed up to do a little more shopping.

The shopping went well. I have been needing to look at closet organizing things and was able to do that at Bed Bath & Beyond. Then I found a new pair of sunglasses at Claire's for great price. But by the time I got back to my car I realized that there was something really wrong. I had noticed that my legs started to get read and hurt while I was walking around but by the time I got back to my car I was really in pain and started to feel nausous. I went right to Target and looked for aloe vera gel. I couldn't find any, it was so frustrating and then finally I found some Burt's Bees After Sun Soother. I couldn't help it I sat right on the ground and started rubbing it on my legs.

I had been planning on going out to eat but my legs hurt so bad I went right back to the hotel. I took a oatmeal bath and a cool shower but it was like the sunburn was getting worse. The hotel had room service but it was pretty expensive so I really tried to get dressed and go out but the pain was too much so I ordered room service. Honestly I had never ordered room service before so it was kind of exciting though not really, I prefer to go out to eat then eat while sitting on bed I will sleep on a little later. But hey now I have done it and can say I have had room service. I finished watching the first Narnia, watched the second, and then the third as well. I was pretty frustrated that the hotel didn't have an option to watch new movies but I just used the free wifi and rented/downloaded it from itunes instead. I didn't get to sleep till late but hey that is what vacation is for right?

The next morning although some of the red had faded I could barely walk. I had only burned the tops of my legs and the pain when I walk is like the bone is in pain. For some reason it feels better when I am sitting or moving but if I stand still then the pain is excruciating. I couldn't just stay in bed all day so out I went.

I packed up everything and for breakfast went to Ihop again. It was a lot less crowded. This time I enjoyed warm eggs and some regular french toast.

Instead of heading straight home I decided to go see my dad. He lives in Pine which is about 100 miles east of Prescott. So 100 miles out of my way but it was I nice drive and I hadn't been to his property for a long time so I was happy to get to see it. He rents shops to several people so below are a few photo's of the property.

Overall it was an amazing trip. Getting sunburned definitely changed some of my plans but I was flexible and just took it in stride. I am so happy I was able to get away and feel re-energized to get back to work tomorrow.

I Love Roadtrips!!

No comments:

Post a Comment