About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Monday, December 3, 2012

NaNo is Over

Nano is over. I had so much fun. I managed to hit 67K words, though the story didn't turn out how I wanted and it is going to need a lot of editing. I met so many amazing people and had so much fun with everyone but I am happy to be going back to my old routines.

During November I ate too much and drank too much caffeine and I wasn't focused on school work like I should be. I am actually eager to exercise again. Although my waist didn't increase in size my top did and I know most women would be happy to have a bigger cup size but I am already big, I don't want to get bigger. I also seem to be having some issues with my left knee. Nothing serious but light pain when I bend it for to long. I work with young kids, I need my knees. So I need to get some weight off and try to give my knees a break from carrying around all this weight.

This week is a little crazy. I am behind on a homework assignment plus three new assignments for this week and a final. I also have to get my food handlers card today and tomorrow morning I have to sit through 2 hrs of learning about sexual predators, which is actually started by me listening to an hour about sexual predators and taking a quiz on what I heard before going to the mandatory meeting tomorrow. No fun at all but I understand why the school makes it mandatory.

I haven't been going to my Celebrate Recovery meetings. I was using Nano as an excuse but now that it is Dec I still want to go. There is this other thing called Imago Dei at my church where artists all meet together and we just work on our own projects and hang out. It is the same night as CR and I have been interested in going but CR was my priority. I had gone to one on Election night, just trying to seperate myself from election talk. Then last month I was feeling very artsy and painted something, I will show you in a separate blog. I also made a couple ornaments for an ornament exchange I am going to. So now, being broke from NaNo, I was thinking of creative things I could make as some of my gifts. There are a couple paintings I would like to do and Imago Dei would be the perfect spot to do them. So I think I may not go back to CR until January. I don't know, we will see.

I have to run out to get my food handlers card. Now that Nano is done I hope to post her more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment