About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Painting, Work and School

So many things are going on right now. Nano finished and I felt exhausted. For two weeks I was just going through the emotions, as I mentioned before. I managed to pull myself up and out and now I feel a bit more normal. Though that doesn't keep me from my crazy ideas. I had done the painting, you with Jeremiah 29:11. I decided afterward to make a few other paintings.

For Christmas for the last three years I have gone with my father to Tuscon to his mom's side of the family. There are two women, a great aunt and a 2nd cousin who always give my dad and I gifts. Last year, in return I got them gift cards. This year I thought I would paint them something. I don't know much about either of them but I put some generic quotes I thought they would each like on the paintings.

My sisters birthday is Dec 26th and so I thought I would make her something for her birthday. I hadn't decided what I was doing about Christmas gifts yet or if I would be able to do them this year. I would share more but she reads this and I don't want to give anything away.

NOTE: I don't think any of my nephew read this but if they do please skip this paragraph. I don't know what was taking me so long with considering the Christmas presents. I think it is because I was still trying to figure out a way to fly out there. That didn't work out for numerous reasons. So I finally decided on getting them each new bible's. They have all become very active in the church out in Illinois and it has been awhile since I got them one. I checked with my sister and I got the go ahead. I found the perfect bible for each of them but I realize that getting a bible for Christmas is like getting socks. I wanted to do more. After thinking about the cost of the bibles plus the cost to ship six bibles across the country I wanted to go cheap for the second portion but something that might be meaningful. So I am crafting something for each of them. I thought about each of them and what they like and figured out something for them. So for the last week or so I have been working on seven craft projects simultaneously. It is kind of cool because while one dries I can go to a different one but it has kind of made my living room a disaster area. Last night I put the finishing touches on three of them which four more to go. Their isn't much left to do on the other ones. I am pretty excited and hope that it they will like them. I of course accept it if they don't, to each their own. Hopefully though. I am kind of mixing scrapbooking with painting, it is pretty cool. On Christmas day, or whatever day they finally receive them, I will post seven blogs showing pictures of my process of making each.

Besides this work is a little weird now. The CT shooting shook everyone up here and they have changed the after school security policies. Yes, the school is safer but it is really a lot of pain especially since there are only maybe a dozen kids here after school. But I do what I am told because I need to keep my job.

The other situation is figuring out next semester. I was taking 14 credits which included 2 regular classes, a research paper, my portfolio, and to 80 hour internships. For three I have to get approval and fill out paper work for it and that has been frustrating. Found out today that I was short a class so if I still want to graduate this semester that means 17 credits and I may not be able to do the first internship the weeks I was hoping because of silly rules. I am currently working to try and get around those rules. We will see. I really don't want to push everything. The classes that would have to be pushed would be my portfolio and the two internships and I can't inter over the summer which means I would have to do it Fall 2013. I am not going to do that. I am going to push through and do these classes and get my degree even if it means I have no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment