About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pause Before Eating

Things have been going well. I am working on school work, watching dogs, volunteering, working a little bit. I have also been tracking all of my food and exercising. Ok. I didn't exercise yesterday but a day off is not horrible and I still made sure to do lots of walking. Right now I am hitting about 6000 steps a day. Of course the system wants me to be at 10K a day but I will work up to that, maybe.

This morning I had agreed to volunteer for Koman again but not until eleven. I got up and worked out doing my third Kettle Worx video, resistance. It was difficult but with a few breaks I got through it. Though this time I was too tired to do anything else. I volunteered, went to work and then to bible study. I got home and changed into my work out clothes, I wanted to burn a few more calories before I ended my day. Here is where the problem came in.

Back in November I bought a pretty new Macbook because my old computer was six and dying. I have used the old computer to connect to my tv to watch Hulu and Netflix. Mostly because plugging this one in will be more difficult and expensive. The old computer has gotten worse and worse. At one point I couldn't get it to turn on at all. Today it crashed a couple times while playing Hulu so I thought I would try this trick to wipe off a bunch of information I no longer needed. Well it didn't work. The computer is totally fried and won't get past the first grey loading screen, it won't even soft boot. This all happened between work and bible study.

When I got home from bible study, as I said, I went and changed into work out clothes, came out into the living room and only then realized that I couldn't watch Hulu on my tv because my old computer was dead. I can stream on my new computer but couldn't figure out a place to put the computer while I worked out. I have a dvd player but I really wanted to watch hulu because I have a long list of shows to watch. So I sat down, started my show on my laptop and then started thinking about what I wanted to eat. I even considered going back to the Jack in the Box I had passed on the way home to get some junk food. It was this thought that flashed me back to reality. I was out of calories. I didn't have anymore to eat. So maybe I didn't have to exercise but go eat thousands of calories because your dying computer finally died?! That is crazy. How many times have I justified eating things just like this. I mean I would have eating food that satisfied in the moment and I would have watched the shows I wanted to so what is the bad side? But it is not what I want long term.

I closed my computer and sat for just a minute to think about an alternative and then duh! Like a big palm to my forehead. My brother and sil were out and they have a hookup to there tv for the same type of computer. The solution was that easy, right there ten feet away. It is so ingrained in me that I need eat to pacify the uncomfortable feelings that I am having. I was mad that things weren't going how I wanted them to. Okay be mad. But instead of eating a thousand calories and then figuring out the solution just stop for a second. Think about it, go to God about it. I know I will do it again. It is my habit. It is the easy temporary solution. I am glad that this time I stopped went across the way and burned 400 calories stair stepping and got to watch my show.

No comments:

Post a Comment