About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Sunday, January 20, 2013

Stuck in Funk

I want to keep this as little negative info as possible so it will be short and brief. It has been a really hard week. Sometime last weekend I just kind of broke. I do that sometimes when things get too emotionally stressful my body just kind of shuts down its systems. So for the last week I have struggled at getting to places on time, I didn't do homework till last min on saturday. There was no exercising and I did not track my food all week. It has been rough.

However, I have finally reminded myself that this is not how I want to live and am picking myself up and dusting myself off. It will take a few days to get myself back to where I should be, to where I was. But I know that I can.

How did I get out of my funk? It was a combination of realizing I was going to miss my Saturday night church, which I LOVE to go to, because I was being so lazy I wouldn't get out of the Denny's booth and go pay for my food and drive across town. I did go but was a half hour late. It literally took 45 min of convincing myself. Anyways, then the service was great and reminded me that God wants more for me and this numbness was getting in the way. Then of course I remind myself of a verse that has become very important to me. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper not to harm. Plans for a hope and a future." Being late, missing homework, and spending countless hours watching stupid tv shows while surfing Pinterest is not the plans God has for me. He was so much more! He wants me to prosper but I have to make the choice to do so. And it is this that helps me get out of my funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment