About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, August 25, 2011

New Gimmick

If you have read my blog for very long you know I am always jumping from one weight loss idea to the next. I am always looking for the next thing that is going to solve my "problem." I think that is why I have waited so long to post about this not really sure what I was actually going to do. Lets see how did this start? I remember.

First I watched a film called "Fat, sick, and nearly dead" about a rich australian who came to the us and did a 60 day juice fast. The first 30 days he was in New York (I think he had to work) and then he spent 30 days on the road driving across the country encouraging people to try a juice fast for 10 days to "reboot" their life. He lost weight did great but the movie really got good when a 400+ lb man he had met on his trip across america called him a month later desperatly asking for help, it is stated that he is on the brink of suicide. With the support (both as a friend and with financial assistance) he helps this desperate truck driver start living healthy. To say the least I was inspired and when a few days later my church mentioned their 25 day fast I thought that it was perfect timing.

Next while I was researching I was looking on Alicia Silverstons site The Kind Life and came across a detox supplement that was vegan and could be supplemented with raw vegetables. It seemed perfect to help start me on my journey. Even more weird was when I went to go find it again the article that was on the first page under food tab the next day was three pages in. There was no logical reason it should have been on the first page the day before. So under inpulse I ordered a product called Kaeng Raeng. I know that it was on inpulse because even though the site said it was shipped the next day and even though I new I wouldn't use it till Sep 1st I ordered it less than 36 hours after first seeing it.

After that I decided I should start trying out this juicing thing. I ordered fruit and veg from bountiful baskets and then after picking that up also went to the local farmers market to pick up a few other items. I can't seem to recall my first try. Something with spinach and celery it wasn't very good. I tried again this time following a recipe called garden salad this I could barely drink a few sips of. I felt at a loss for a moment but didn't want to give up. Eating healthy is important. I had planned on trying to eat as vegan as possible after the 25 days so why not just work with this.

So currently the plan is to still use the Kaeng Raeng the first 6 days of September. For the fast with my church I am giving up caffeine. Which is actually going very well. I used to drink 2 liters a day (aprox 6 cans) and am down to about 2 cans a day now. I bought some mini cans to help get me through the last week but I don't think getting all the way down will be a problem. I realize that when I go from some to none i will still get a headache but I don't think it will be as bad as going right from 2 liters to none. Anyways after the 6 days I am going to try to eat vegan with some macrobiotic meals.

I have been reading a couple books about being a vegan including The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverston and Skinny Bitch by Freedman and Barnouin. It is hard to not already start eating vegan. Reading how bad the food is for my body and how unclean the meat is that I eat it is hard to keep eating that way. Yesterday I did pretty good. I made a banana and orange smoothie for breakfast, had a chicken caeser salad from Paradise Bakery, and then headed for In-and-Out for dinner but instead went into Sprouts for a healthy sandwich instead. I did go home after church and have ice cream. But overall I did pretty great.

I am learning a little better to listen to my body. I am recognizing that in the evening when I start to get tired my instinct is to drink soda or eat, mostly eat. Really I need to learn to just go to bed. Last night I went and played on my computer in my bed instead of sitting in front of the tv.

So that is what is going on with me. I will try to update my blog with updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment