About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, August 4, 2011

Normalcy

I have been living in my sisters house for 9 days now and it feels so normal. I am still living out of a suitcase and go where they go but it is interesting how relaxed this feels. In fact now that I only have 1 week I feel a little sad, it is like I am on a countdown to when I leave but I also realize that is still a lot of time. I also have to realize that I am loving not working. I do almost nothing all day and normally in Phoenix I work 5 or 6 days a week I am always running around and being busy and here I just sit around watching tv and playing the computer. It is nice. Sometimes I get a little stir crazy from sitting in the house all day but then I just go for a walk and that helps.

I have been eating a lot less here because it isn't my fridge and binge eating is harder to do. I thought I would be loosing weight but I think because I am so much more sedentary that I am equalling out at the end of the day.

While I have been here it has only rained once which is funny since it has rained more in Phoenix then here. But even without the rain it is still very humid here, we are right off the Mississippi River. It definitely effects things. My skin is breaking out all over, my hair always feels greasy, and my clothes are just gross at the end of the day. The environment takes some adjusting to.

I think if the opportunity presented itself and I felt it was what God wanted for me I could live here. Ok, now I am saying that and I have not yet experiencing snow ever. So maybe I ned to wait till I visit in the winter. Though if I can handle the humidity I could probably handle the snow too.


***

I don't have any pictures from Wed. We did go out and run some errands. Josh dropped some paperwork off at Nestle Purina where he has been going through the application process for months and found out he has an official start date. Woo Hoo!! Stopped at Garrett's school for more registration and went grocery shopping. After that we all went out to dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ. It was really good food. I was kind of a chicken and got a pulled pork sandwich but everyone else got ribs and wings. I totally hate anything spicy, I just can't handle it. I once got a Chick-fil-a spicy sandwich and couldn't eat more than one bite of it. But Famous Dave's had several sauces that weren't that spicy and so I actually liked several of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment