About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, August 25, 2011

Feeling the difference

Tonight for dinner I had a Marie Calendars Spaghetti frozen dinner. It was delicious but I can just feel the weight of it in my stomach. In fact before I was even done eating it my stomach hurt as if I had poisoned it (I felt nauseous.) Here I am a few hours later and I still feel it like this big lump in my stomach.

I have read many times that this was true but now I really understand it. I have been eating healthy and each meal has been packed with fruits and veggies that this meal just weighed me down. I don't really like the feeling. I mean it was really good, like tasted delicious. But now I feel sick and don't think it was worth it.

Tomorrow is friday and the fruits and veggies I have left are mostly all bad. I did not order another bountiful basket but am thinking of going to the farmers market again on Sat morning. I also really want to spend some time in my local whole foods figuring out what I should and shouldn't be eating. Time always slips away when I am trying to read and compare nutritional labels.

Oh and I am down to two cans of soda today and the second can I didn't even really want it. I poured the can into my glass at work and then an hour realized I hadn't drunk any of it. Which for me is weird. At work I have found myself drinking a 44oz soda without even realizing it. Just all of a sudden it is gone. So it is pretty exciting to see myself not feeling that need for soda.

I do still need to work on better planning. For instance right now I should be preparing tomorrow mornings smoothie items or at least looking for a recipe that will work with what I have but here I am instead. Actually I think that is it for today anyways. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment