About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, September 1, 2011

A New Day

As I sit here in my living room there is a stack of 8+ books in front of me. They are books full of recipes and information about eating heathy, eating clean. Books full of juicing, smoothies and salads. Others that hold info on why and what to and not to eat. I feel like I am in the middle of all of them. Some have post its sticking out the side to recipes I want to try or have tried. Pages with lists of brands that vegan. After church I went to the store. I bought banana's, blueberries, strawberries, POM, orange juice, pineapple juice, v8, and fruitables drinks. For the next six days I am drinking everything that goes in my mouth. This is going to be a challenge! I had mentioned before how I purchased a product called Kaeng Raeng. It provides you with all of the nutrients you need in three packets you drink through out the day. The reviews say you get better results if you just mix with water but I am a newbie and know that I will need a little extra to get me through. So I am following the recipes they provided, adding juices and fruits to better the taste and calories. As before all adventures I go on (weight loss and traveling ones alike) I am always excited the night before. My intellectual side reminds me that this is going to be hard. It reminds me how I have seen several blogs where they posted their first day and then never mention it again. But then most of me is just excited. What if this works? What if it helps me reset my system? What if it helps me get past my insistent need to eat ice cream all day? What if I can break free from the addition to junk food and start eating more natural foods, the foods God intended us to eat? Part of me is scared to say I am going to be eating vegan. What will people say? But those I have mentioned it to don't care. In fact they encourage me. The truth is, as most know, I don't really eat fruits and veggies. I eat processed foods. I eat foods that are way too many calories. I binge eat on awful things. And even as a vegan I can still do that. There is still vegan ice cream, cookies, chips, baked goods. But of course I am not really looking at those. I will never be a peta member but looking at vegan recipes on their web site, why not? I don't do this just because animals are being harmed. I do it because my body doesn't like dairy, because I am tired of get sick, because I don't believe the hormones and antibiotics in our current meat is good for my body. Because until I cut out all processed foods I won't be able to free myself from them. I do feel addicted to them. And I know I have tried so many things to loose weight and so this is another in a long line. But (after the first six days) I am not depriving myself of nutrition or even calories. It is the quality of the food that matters the most. I also know that if at any point I do decide to stop with the Kaeng Raeng I know that I will be transitioning straight into vegan food. I had seen one woman who did that, she made it two days and then just used the rest of the packets as her breakfast and ate sensible the rest of the day. So that is an option I am leaving open. Honestly though, I think this is a great time to do this. It is over labor day weekend so I have three days off. Everyone says you usually feel the worst on day 2 or 3. So I have to work day 2 but I am off days 3, 4, and 5. I am also going to use this time to spend more time in prayer. Just like any other fast when it gets hard I am going to lean on God to help me through it. I have detoxed off from caffeine. In fact the last two days I have only had a 7.5 oz can. This evening I have had a slight headache and I almost wonder if it is due to the caffeine. I drank water all day until dinner when I had the can of soda and it has been since then I haven't felt well. But I don't think tomorrow is going to be a problem with no caffeine. I think I detoxed pretty well down off from it. I am glad I did not choose to go cold turkey from the 2 liters a day I was at. But now it is late, so late it has turned into tomorrow. So for now I head to bed to get some sleep before my new adventure starts. *I weighed myself tonight on the Wii Fit. I currently weigh 279.5. I do not plan to weigh myself until the end of day six.

No comments:

Post a Comment