About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Monday, September 12, 2011

Mid - September Reflections

Being vegan has been been very two sided. On one hand the food is good and it is filling and I am still getting lots of protein and their are lots of options available. Some days, some moments it feels effortless; I wonder why it has taken me so long to eat like this and I feel like I could eat like this forever. But on the other side, maybe 15% of me, hates it. I still have major cravings usually at night for things. It isn't usually too specific often just for something sweet. I have been having things like pita chips and hummas or tortilla chips and salsa as my late night snack. But my brain is used to eating something sweet and it is very hard to change. I seem to have found a way to appease it by having a slice of toast with peanut butter and honey and that works. The other problem, which is totally embarrassing, but I have had lots of stinky gas the last few days. It is totally gross! I am honestly worried about going to work tomorrow. I read up on it and it is totally natural because your body has to work harder to process the less processed food and that can create gas. All I know is tomorrow I am going to the store and buying gas-x or something to stop this. I have had broccoli the last two days and I have noticed it has gotten worse after eating broccoli and after watching years of tv I have seen my share of Beano commercials to know that gas after fiber is normal.

Overall the benefits still out way the negatives but in those moments when i just want to run to the store to buy real ice cream or grab a burger it is hard. Actually it has been less burgers and more a craving for Arby's. I still feel like I am thinking a little clearer but I don't know if that is the lack of caffeine or the diet that is causing it. I do want to stay committed to eating vegan through the month of September. I figure 1 month is not a long time to try this. I have also been frustrated that I am not magically loosing weight and I try to remind myself it doesn't work that way. I have noticed that is much easier to stay under my calorie count for the day eating this way then when I was eating junk. I have no other reason to attribute to this except that the natural food is more filling then processed food with the same calorie count.

***

On a different note besides just food I have had some more free time. I had decided to cancel my Netflix instant option and with the end of the summer seasons I have run out of shows to watch on Hulu. This has allowed me time to go through the 14 books form the library and I am taking back 9 of them tomorrow. What I also remembered was the list of things I wanted to do this year. I went and reviewed my list and I have done a few, are in the process of doing another, and making plans to do the rest. I know that is so very general but I will write more about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment