About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 2 - Mid Day Post

I am in the middle of work right now but it is pretty slow (all the kids are watching Toy Story.) Today for lunch, as I mentioned before, I had the Kaeng Raeng blue. Today I used my Blender cup with a mini whisk in it. That worked great for mixing everything together. I think there may have been like two or three little lumps in it. But today I had the hardest time drinking it. I think there are two reasons why I am struggling so much today.


1. I don't think the flavors work well together. The blueberry flavor of the powder and the POM. I think that it just doesn't work for me. This weekend I will try it with the options and see how it goes.


2. I also think that I have reached the hard part. There are cookies in the lounge and Haagen Daiz ice cream in the freezer and a hamburger or a burrito sound really good right now. I am not really craving sugar necessarily just something different.


Honestly it is really hard. I just wanted to stop drinking it, pour it down the drain and it anything else. I wanted to quit and it would be so easy because there are plenty of foods around. It isn't that I am hungry, that is not a problem at all. I catch myself thinking how there is no point to this. I don't really see a difference. But I think that this is part of the deal. My body wants to keep eating meat and keep eating processed foods and I need to tell it no. This six days are going to help me say no to the cravings and make some of the cravings go away.


My slight headache did continue the rest of the morning but I am feeling better now. I do think it has to do with the caffeine withdrawal and I am really really thankful that it is not worse.

I also just noticed that I did not post about what I drank this morning. This morning I had KR orange again but this time I mixed it with the 24 oz water, 8 oz pineapple juice, and 1/2 cup of ice. This was ok but it was very thin, it needed something more. I think if I try it again I will add half a banana instead of the 1/2 cup ice. Or maybe even some orange juice would help. Otherwise this morning's drink went fine, unlike lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment