About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Thursday, September 8, 2011

Set Backs and Successes

Yesterday went well until I was in the middle of my Wed night class. I wanted ice cream. In fact the craving was specific, I wanted a Snickers ice cream bar. I would love one or half a dozen of those. Then of course it translated to any ice cream. But I reminded myself of why I don't want to eat ice cream, it is addictive. Then I remembered that I have milk and cookies at home that I can eat. I was fine and then I ate way too many. I had 4 cookies which was a little too much but still within my calorie limit. Then I ate four more which was way to much. I felt sick after eating them because it was just too much food.

So a new day a new start. For breakfast I started with some cereal, I had bought some Whole Foods brand Protein & Fiber Crunch. It wasn't bad at all. I followed it up with an apple. One dilemma with fruit is that I can't just bite into it because I never got adult teeth in my front lower position, I still have baby teeth in that spot. Anyways I just say this because it means I have to cut up my apple. Now this is embarrassing but honest, eating apple caused my gums to bleed. I am so used to eating processed foods that are soft and chewy that my mouth isn't used to hard foods. I immediately had to go floss and brush. Hopefully it won't take long to get past this.

For lunch I had packed a crunchy peanut butter and grape preserve sandwich on locally made whole wheat bread, 1 oz of almonds, and a fruitables juice box. It was good. The challenge though was the food around me. There was pizza from Costco right in front of me, it smelled so delicious. But I got passed I was strong. Then I go into the lounge to eat my lunch and read a book and there were cupcakes in there. I used to eat two or three when they were available and it was hard to not eat them. I again reminded myself that there is no nutrition in the cupcakes and so I stayed away. When I got home I decided to try the frozen pizza I had bought. It was a Tofurky supreme pizza. It uses a soy cheese from Diaya and the meat is made of Tofu, it also has lots of vegetables including zucchini. I hate zucchini!


But I decided to try it and it was great! It was a thin crust and it tasted really good, I was very surprised. I still have a few calories left and I have no cookies left I think maybe some chips and salsa for dessert. Kind of a weird dessert but a new way of thinking.

So far so good. I am so proud of myself for what I have already overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment