About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 3 - Mid Day Post

Last night after work I felt awful! I got home and I just felt completely lethargic. I made my dinner drink and tried to drink it but I just felt so tired i just laid down for at least half hour without moving. Over the next two hours I continued to feel lethargic and then started feeling cramps. I checked the Kaeng Raeng web site and they say if you feel lethargic then you are not drinking enough water so I started downing lots of water. After several hours of just laying on the couch I did start to feel somewhat better and managed to finish my dinner drink. I did sleep nearly 10 hours but I was very restless for the first half of the night.

Last night before bed I did some reading. Feeling so bad I was very tempted to quit and so tried to find some reviews. I found several others who had done Kaeng Raeng, some had done the 3 day and others the 6 day. None complained of side effects, in fact most specifically said they had no side effects. Though all the reviews I found were people who were already at least vegetarian but several were vegan. I on the other hand have eaten all kinds of junk. In fact the last week of August I ate a few things to kind of say good bye to them. I didn't go overboard and mixed in good meals as well but the point is I am full of toxins. For a little while I thought well I will just stop at the end of 3 days and do the other 3 days in a month. But I really feel like all six days is right. I don't work for days 3, 4, or 5 and I think I will feel better by day 6 when I have to go back to work. I have to babysit tonight and then church tomorrow but otherwise I can stay home and not feel good while I clean out my body of the toxins I have been feeding it.

Last night while I was trying to fall asleep, something that was very difficult. I asked God "How can I keep drinking something that makes me feel so awful?" and I can't help but laugh because I put the toxins in my body every time I binged on food I knew I shouldn't be eating.

***

This morning I woke determined to finish all six days. On one of the blogs I read the girl was very creative with the smoothies she made. So I took some tips from her and some ideas from the recipes. So this morning I started with the KR red I added 2 cups orange juice, a cup and a half vanilla soy milk, 1/2 cup ice and 1 banana. It was delicious like a creamsicle! That was easy to drink.

I have to babysit tonight so I decided will pre make my drink in a blender and then take it and just drink it after the girl I am watching goes to bed. So I decided to have a late lunch so I won't get hungry too early. For lunch I had KR orange I mixed it with 2 cups pineapple juice, 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup of ice and 1 banana. It was really good, not as good as breakfast but I think that is because my vanilla soy milk is very sweetened.

For dinner the plan for the KR blue is to mix 2 cups milk with 1/2 cup blueberries and a banana. Hopefully that make it taste better. I did find during the reviews nobody likes the blue. One person thinks it is because the dehydrated blueberries create chunks plus the blackberries have little tiny seeds that make it a different texture. And thinking about it that makes sense.

I have to go babysit in an hour but really I just want to sit on my couch all night. I am not feeling as bad as yesterday but yesterday I worked for 6 1/2 hours straight, on my feet nearly the entire time. Today I did get some laundry and light cleaning done but nothing in comparison to work yesterday. Anyways, got to pay the bills. Plus it shouldn't be too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment