About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 2 - Morning Post

I feel so tired this morning and totally shouldn't. I slept 12 hours last night! I know that sometimes when you sleep that long you can feel tired when you first wake up so I am hoping it is just that. I woke up 4 times to go pee. Actually I was waking up every two hours after I went to sleep but after the first three times that stopped. And then this morning at 8am I woke up, I probably could have stayed up but I still felt sleepy so I laid down and slept for another hour and a half.

So far my Kaeng Raeng detox is still going well. Last night I had KR orange called Glai Roong or Daybreak it has Mango, Peach, and Pineapple.) I was home again so I was able to use my blender I mixed 24 oz water, 8 oz orange juice, and it called for half a banana but I just stuck a whole one in. It tasted great mostly like banana and orange. I noticed that drinking casually while watching a movie last night it took about an hour to drink it. It was still cold at that point. Oh, I did have ice as part of my 24 oz water to help make it colder. Last night I wasn't hungry at all before bed though as the night got later I started to crave carbs. Nothing specific just any kind of carb. I didn't want to tempt myself and I was feeling tired anyways so I went to bed earlier then I have in a long time at about 9 - 9:30. This morning I woke up with a slight headache. I was thinking at first it was the detox but I realize that yesterday was my first day without any caffeine so if I was going to get a caffeine headache it would be today. Right now it is not bad, something I can easily handle. Hopefully it just won't get much worse. I am going to bring pain reliever to work with me in case I need it.

As a follow up yesterday afternoon I could not finish my KR blue right away. I felt so full I could make myself drink it. It is weird because there have been so many times before in my life where I have felt full and I just pushed past it and kept eating but this time I couldn't. This is a good thing! I need to listen to my body. According to the site you can just keep the remainder in the fridge till you are ready for it so that is what I did. About an hour later I got it out and finished it up no problem. I wasn't starving before my dinner like I was for lunch but I was a little hungry. I didn't want to push dinner back to late so I ate it at 6:30. My current plan is to eat when I wake up, 1:30, and 6:30 and then bed by 10:30.

My brother had read my blog and saw my dilemma about mixing the powder and this morning reminded me how I have a bottle I got for protein shakes that has a little ball that works like a whisk in it. I had totally forgotten about that! It was like a weight off my shoulders because last night I remembered I don't get a break on Friday's so I wasn't sure how I was going to find time to play with my Magic Bullet. So I will take my Blender Bottle with me and that should help so I won't have all of the chunks of powder like yesterday.

Well I have to go get ready for work. I am going over to a friends house tonight so hopefully blending won't be a problem there. I will update again soon.

1 comment:

  1. David and I just watched that documetary last night....WOW! it was so good. I have actually started getting my dad onto juicing. I am excited to read about your journey Angela!! Keep going girl....we are vegans(sorta too!)
    -Ashley-

    ReplyDelete