About Me

Hi, my name is Angela and welcome to my blog. This is a place where I write about my life in an honest and open way.

I am 36 years old, single, and a Christian. God gave me a heart to work with children and so I spend my day teaching kindergarten. It is my fourth year teaching and although it is hard I love it. I currently go to a college for my BA in Elementary Education which keeps me busy. Between work and school there is not much time left but I enjoy serving and helping others, watching netflix, or reading a good book.


Saturday, January 30, 2010

A missed day

Friday 1/29/10

I don't know why but I didn't exercise today. I mean I had a great day at work, boss wasn't there and I was kind of in charge but everything went fine. I ate healthy although at work they were having a luau for some of the kids and I was in charge of grilling hot dogs. We had so many left overs and people kept telling me I should eat one. But I resisted, I was good. I was walking to my car after work and was thinking about what exercises I was going to do this evening and honestly I was excited about it. I haven't been sore all day, which is great. I was worried yesterday's workout would have been too much.

If you are a Biggest Loser fan then you are familiar with "the last chance workout." It is simply the last push before weigh in day. Well I have been anxious about weighing and I realized on my drive home that this evening was my last chance workout because I plan on weighing in on Sat night. I got home, at a great healthy dinner. Actually I was feeling happy about how I have been working out this week and wanted something special so I had stopped at Fry's and picked up a pizza. I looked through the different options. California Kitchen pizza isn't too bad but I wanted something better. Next I looked at a brand called Amy's they have all organic stuff so I knew their pizza would be healthy but I worried it might not taste good. Then I saw some Wolf Gang Puck pizza. It has organic whole grain crust and uses fresh, less processed meats and cheese. It was about the same price as the other two brands so I grabbed it. It was great! And I was so proud of myself. It is a small pizza like personal size but it was supposed to be 3 servings. I figured out the calories and figured half should be fine. I added a small side salad and it turned out to be the perfect amount of food. I knew it should be because I knew my calories. But I don't know I just am so glad that I just immediately pulled out two plates, after it cooked cut it and divided it in half. And now I have another great dinner for tomorrow evening.

But after all that I just laid on the couch for 3 hours watching tv. At one point I pulled out the WAP dvd and changed into my workout clothes but didn't get started. It still seemed early so then I popped in a movie, Surrogates it was really good, but I just never got the video started and up off my butt.

So now it is midnight and too late to exercise. I have to be to my sisters by 9:30 tomorrow morning and I need to get some sleep. I feel really disappointed in myself. Not necessarily because of how it will affect my weigh in tomorrow but more because I want to make this a routine. If I watch tv or movie I use the time wisely with some type of activity. I can't change what I have done today and honestly it wasn't that bad because I have a plus food wise so I won't beat myself up about this. But I want to learn from it, move on from it, and plan to exercise when I get home from my sisters tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment